GitHub for XCode (Swift/Objective-C) create a beautiful app
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create a repository in GitHub
- Commit, Push and Pull changes to this repository
- Work with source control in collaboration with more users
- Create and Merge brunches
- Create Tags for new App Versions
- (Swift) Create a new App that display quotes
- (Swift) Create and understand a MVC
- (Swift) Create a beautiful App from begining to end
Why is this course so important, why you should take it and how how to that the maximum advantage of it
Let me tell you a little about me, my experiences and how I think I can help you, please after you finish watch this video introduce yourself too as I want to get to know you as well. After many months on Udemy I made many new friends, partners, find people to collaborate with me and for me to collaborate with, you maybe find may new people like this here I am looking forward to hear from you.
(GitHub) What is a "commit" and a "push"? Commit is how we create "points" in the code to so we can refer to this points later in case we need, push is the act of send this commits or points in code we create to the brunch we are working on and don't worry more about brunchs coming very soon
(GitHub) One of the very important aspect of source control are brunches, with brunches our work is more compartmentalized, and one developer change does not affect another, also we can keep the master always working and tested. In this lesson we will learn how to create brunches and understand it a little better.
(Swift) Questions about MVC are always present, is very important to understand this pattern as Apple uses it everywhere, in this lecture we will start to understand more about Views and ViewControllers, what they are, what are the diferences between the two of them and how they know about each other
(GitHub) Once we finish with a certain amount of work we should merge your code to the master repository, we do this by uploading the current brunch to GitHub, Pulling the master brunch down and merging the two. Once is done we commit and merge the new master brunch to GitHub
(Swift) Models can be very simple, in this lecture we will start to build our model with an array that will "live" in the same class that the main view controller, after understand better the part this model play we will move it to its own place. We will also talk about lldb and learn some tricks to make debuging even easier
This challenge involves many steps:
- Create an Author UILabel
- Center Quotes UILabel in the screen
- Right align Author UILabel
- Make the Author label smaller than the quotes label
- Create an IBOutlet for the Author label
- Populate the Author label with the corresponding author for the displaying quote
This lectures is packet with content we will first create a label, learn how to align this label (left, center, right and justified), how to change the font size and where to change the font and style.
We will also see how to refectory some code (change the code withour alter the functionality)
(Swift) MVC or Model-View-Controller is a software architecture or design pattern assigns that defines not only the roles objects play in the application, it defines the way objects communicate with each other, we will have a brief introduction about MVC in the lecture before we start to abstract the Model from the current Controller
(Swift) It is very important to know what to move to the Model, what to leave in the controller in this lecture we will be refactoring the code and abstracting the Quotes model completally from the controller so it can be reuse in any other controller and/or app
Sometimes we can interact with the model in more than one way, so far we have been requesting the quotes in a fashion order but we could implement a function that would return a random quote, also one function could depend on the other for example we could return a random number.
This challenge consists in:
- Create e new UIButton to return a random quote
- Create a UIOutlet for this button and the necessary code to request the new quote
- Create a new function in the Quotes class that returns a new quote
For extra credits:
- Create consistence between the next quote and the random quote so when the user is on a random quote and select the next quote the return quote is the next based on the quote displaying
(for example, if the user is on quote 1 and the user tap on the random button and it display quote 3 when the user press next it should display quote 1 as quote 3 is the last quote and so on)
- Basics about Programing
Did ever think about have access to the world’s largest open source community? To be able to share your projects with the world, get feedback, and contribute to millions of repositories?
Better than this just if you could have access to all of this directly from inside XCode, making everything from only one place, coding, committing, pushing and pulling the code or even creating new branches, merging branches and even solving conflicts in a very visual interface.
If you are working in group or as a collaborator in a project you probably want great great communication between users and/or collaborators, making clear review changes, comment on lines of code, report issues, and plan the future of your project with discussion tools all this with less friction development across teams and/or friends.
Learn all this building an application from beginning to end using Swift, learn about MVC designing, debugging, lldb, and so much more.
This course is full of challenges that we can all participate as an individual or as a group afterall we will learn how to master GitHub the world’s largest open source community so we will be able to share our code, our ideas and specially our knowledge.
- Everyone that want to learn more about Git and GitHub or any other Source Control
- Everyone that want to learn step-by-step how to build an end-to-end app in XCode (Swift)
- Everyone that want to have control over past source code
- Everyone that want to learn how to work in collaboration with other users
- Everyone that want to create a beautiful iPhone App