Git Fundamentals: A Practical and Visual Learning Approach
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 21 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The key concepts and techniques to start working with git.
- Solve Merge Conflicts, Refactor Files and Stash Changes.
- Create, Modify, Delete & Work with local repositories.
- Work with branches by making & merging changes and comparing differences.
- Create, Modify, Delete and Squash Commits.
- Apply Everything your Learn on your Final Capstone Project!
Learn what is Version Control and why it is such an important tools for developers like you!
Learn how to work with git bash and how to use the command cd to change directories to reach your project folder.
Learn what repositories are and why they are vital to version control.
Step-by-step walkthrough to create your first repository using git with the command git init.
Step-by-step walkthrough of a real example using git's Main Section and States.
Learn how you can remove a file from the staging area if you need to make more changes before including it in a commit.
Learn what branches are, how they are used and why they are vital to work with version control.
- No previous knowledge is required - Only Excitement & Dedication! : )
- You will need to install git on your computer (A link to the download page will be included in the course).
- You will need to be able to work with git bash (Commands & how to work with git bash will be explained step by step in the course).
Do you want to learn git in 1+ hour?
If your answer is yes....You Found the right git course for you!
Git is your next step to a bright future in software development.
"This is a wonderful course! I went from not knowing anything about git to feeling comfortable to use this on my own!"— Amanda Brioche
"Very good entry level course for beginners." — Kozma János
"Very nice for begginers! All the basics in one place." — Tomasz Czaplicki
Why is this git course unique?
Because it is specially designed for beginners just like YOU, who want to learn git very fast,
and truly understand the concepts behind version control!
Why should I enroll in this course?
Because you will learn git in just 1 Hour and apply your knowledge while having fun!
You Will Learn:
- The git Workflow.
- What repositories are and how to create, edit, modify and delete them.
- What commits are and how to create, edit, modify and delete them.
- What branches are and how to work with them.
- How to customize git to set your username and email address.
- What Merge Conflicts are and how you can solve them.
- How to save changes for later by stashing them.
- and much more!
NO PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED!
You will apply your knowledge on a final capstone project!
The Course Includes:
- Engaging video lectures.
- Slides specially designed with engaging visuals.
- Assignments and Quizzes to test your knowledge.
- Support on the discussion forums if you have any questions (I will be very glad to help you!).
You will have LIFETIME ACCESS to the course and receive all the updates and new content.
Start your journey to success with the amazing power of git and version control,
Enroll Now, See you inside!
- Complete Beginners in git and version control.
- Computer Science Enthusiasts who want to learn how to work with git.
- New & Self-taught developers who are looking forward to learn version control.
- Developers with a basic knowledge of version control.