Gitting Started: Step-by-Step Git and Github Crash Course
What you'll learn
- How to use Git to manage your project
- How to collaborate with other developers using Git and Github
- How to create commits
- How to create Git branches and merge them
- How to resolve merge conflicts in Git
- How to manage pull-requests on Github
- How to tag commits using both lightweight and annotated tags
- How to create Github releases
- How to use various Git commands in the command line
- The ability to install software on your computer
- Very basic familiarity with command line
This course is going to give you a solid introduction to both Git and GitHub, all in the time it takes to watch a movie.
Note: This course is up-to-date and uses the newer commands (switch and restore) introduced in Git 2.23.
I've designed this course to make the most of your limited time by cutting out any unnecessary theory and diving right into using Git. The course is very hands-on and guides you through using Git and GitHub effectively. It supplements the video courses with quizzes to further solidify your knowledge.
In this course, we'll use the terminal to:
create a Git repository
explore the history of your project
study individual commits
deal with merge conflicts
push to and pull from remotes
We'll also use GitHub to:
create, review and merge pull-requests
create GitHub releases
browse through the code in different versions
And we'll do all of this in just 2 hours! By the end of this course, you'll be able to use Git for your day-to-day work with ease.
This course comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. No questions asked. You have so much to gain and nothing to lose. So why wait?
All emojis designed by OpenMoji – the open-source emoji and icon project. License: CC BY-SA 4.0
Who this course is for:
- Anyone new to Git
- Anyone who interacts with the software development lifecycle
- Anyone interested in managing historical versions of their project
I've been writing software for a living for around 10 years. I have a wide variety of experiences in the software industry. Most recently, I was a Senior Machine Learning engineer for an AI company. In the past, I've been a Backend Engineer at Atlassian, working on Bitbucket Cloud.
I care deeply about learning the tools of my trade in detail and for finding interesting ways of teaching them to people.
ASQ ConnEx Expert, PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on a number of projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
After successful completion of ASQ vetting, Sandeep Kumar has been designated as a genuine and authorized ASQConnEx expert. ASQConnEx is an education delivery system and network that vets, designates, and connects quality subject matter experts with organizations to advance their excellence journey.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualifications/certifications include:
• Authorized ASQ ConnEx Expert
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional