- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Alter and Enhance Photos
- Create Images From Imagination
- Understand the Basics of All Image Software
- Make Designs for Business or Hobby
- Use all common and advanced features of Gimp, including scripting!
- If you are intending to use your skills immediately you should have a desktop or laptop computer with Windows, OSX, or Linux
This course will enable you to work with GIMP imaging software fluidly and create any image that comes to your imagination, as well as giving you the ability to touch up and enhance photos like a professional. Digital drawing, painting, and photography can all be achieved with GIMP.
The fundamental imaging skills taught in this course are also universal concepts used throughout all imaging softwares such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Corel - in such that they all have Layers, Tools, Brushes, and Plug-ins, Scripts, or Macros. Thus if you are a beginner to imaging softwares then you will be gaining competency in "all" softwares by starting with this one GIMP course.
The course takes you through download and installation of the software, environment configuration, all commonly used tools, the menu system, making and installing scripts and plug-ins, and a wide array of tips and tricks for photo manipulation, illustration, and graphic design.
This "Learn GIMP" course is structured so that it can be watched from beginning to end to train a complete novice from the bottom up, but it is also broken down into discrete lessons so that you can focus on the lessons which you have interest in, and easily return for review on your chosen topic of interest.
- Good for both students and professionals who want to learn the Gimp
- Software enthusiasts and hobbiests are also welcome to enjoy the course
- Requires no background in art or design, all topics will be covered
Make sure you have the correct software installed and best version for your Operating System. Understand the different versions of Gimp, particularly 2.6 vs 2.8.
Some configurations are essential, and others are just to let you work more comfortably. First we'll choose our default tools and dockable dialogues.