Learn German easily and discover Berlin
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Communicate spontaneously in everyday situations
- Greet people in different contexts and introduce yourself and others
- Talk about family, jobs and interests
- Make appointments, including times and days
- Describe places of interest in your city and understand a tourist tour
- Order and pay at a restaurant
- Sound like a native speaker
- Enjoy Berlin with exclusive tips from an insider
- This course doesn´t require a specific preparation
- Everything is explained step-by-step right from the beginning
- The course language is English (and German, of course...)
Learn fast while having fun!
The most important way to succeed in learning a new language is to have fun doing it.
If you are having a good time while learning, the experience turns out to be both: more enjoyable AND more effective.
After thousands of German lessons with all kinds of students through the years, this simple truth has been confirmed over and over again. That´s why my teaching and this course aims to keep the learning efficient by providing a good experience.
"Really excellent - well thought-out and consistently interesting; I can't think of a better way to start off on the road to learning German." Tom Treadwell
"A brilliant and very clever course. I was surprised at how much, and how quickly I learned." - Rachel Withers
What`s different about this course?
This course cares about HOW you can learn German in an interesting and motivating way!
An important aspect for your motivation as a student is that what you learn must be relevant to you. The whole course is based on a story of two people meeting in Berlin. The story is told through conversations reflecting realistic everyday situations. Every section begins with a dialogue and you can always choose between the complete dialogue and a two-part version. All the following lessons within a section deal with basic grammar and useful vocabulary directly related to that dialogue. The grammar is explained in a logical and easy-to-follow way, and is always related to real-life communication in different situations.
You can test your own progress during the course with various exercises and the developing story keeps you motivated to discover what happens next. You´ll also find some crucial tips how to stay motivated along the way, since this aspect is a central point of this course and my work as a teacher.
I`ll give you useful tips for sounding like a native speaker and I encourage you to use your developing speaking skills in other contexts. That way, you`ll be able to communicate spontaneously in German.
"The teacher hooks your attention from the first moment to follow up the story and learn along the way. Clever method and well prepared material, never gets boring :)" - Patroklos Anagnostou
"The dialogues contain creative and interesting uses of easy vocabulary and sentence structures." - Nora Balogh
Discover Berlin and meet me inside the course
While you are learning the language, you`ll get to learn about many “must-see-places” in Berlin. Besides the locations visited in the story I`ve prepared some exclusive insiders` tips for Berlin visitors to this exciting city.
If that sounds interesting to you, please have a look at the course plan and the preview lessons to get a better impression of the course.
Once you have become part of the learning community I invite you to write your questions and comments on the course dashboard. I´m happy to help and will respond to all your questions promptly.
"This is a really fun and helpful course! As someone who plans to visit Berlin in the future, the information about the city itself is also really cool!" - Tristan Mutton
- People who are interested in German language and culture AND who would like to have a good time while learning something new
- Complete beginner or people who once studied German and need a motivating start to get into the language again
- Beginner students who are looking for a practical guide to grammar to accompany their studies
- People who want to impress by speaking German without having had formal lessons
- People who are interested in Berlin, one of the most dynamic and exciting cities in Europe