Learn Fingerstyle Guitar & Read Music - Beginners Course
What you'll learn
- Amaze yourself with newfound fingerstyle skills using thumb and 3 fingers
- Show off various fingerstyle techniques that you learn in the course to friends and family
- Gain uncommon skills of music reading for Guitar - as well as the usual chord and TAB notation
- Play all kinds of music with other musicians using your playing and reading skills
- A regular (daily is best) practice plan to achieve best results
- Access to a guitar for practice
- A quiet place and time where you can be undisturbed
- Know where the Udemy course Q&A is to ask for help ANYTIME
Whether you are a beginner, or perhaps know a few chords, this 4-hour Fingerstyle Guitar Course teaches you the basics, then goes step-by-step to the joys of playing Finger-style Guitar. Learn right-hand fingerpicking, left-hand fretting and get simple effective instructions on how to read guitar music. Along the way, you'll learn single-note melodies, then progress to 3 and 4 finger patterns, as well as strumming & arpeggio styles.
Stop Dreaming & Start Playing Finger-style Guitar With a Proven Method!
· This Level 1 course is for the total beginner, or if you already play, it eases you into Fingerstyle & Music Reading - the skills you've been meaning to learn!
· Solve 2 of the biggest problems many guitarists struggle with—reading guitar music & learning Fingerstyle.
· Pick up professional habits of guitar playing as you learn Finger Patterns, Strumming Patterns, Arpeggio & Chord Techniques.
Fingerstyle Guitar Playing Sounds Great and is Fun. You Will Be Amazed at What You Can Learn in 30 Days.
Fingerstyle guitar playing has a long history, from Bach to the Beatles. While there are many approaches and styles, you need to first master some basics. This Level 1 course takes you through the basics of playing Single Notes, Arpeggios, Carter Style, Travis Picking and "Boom Chick" Chords as well as some classical guitar techniques that are at the core of this method.
If you are just starting out, you can learn all the fundamentals: right hand and left hand techniques, correct posture and body mechanics, chord construction and transitions. This, as well as strumming and arpeggio techniques and how to read guitar music.
Do you already know some chords and strumming? Great! You'll be able to quickly advance your fingerpicking and reading skills through the thorough, step-by-step foundational lessons provided in this course.
More of the Music/Fingerstyle Instruction covered:
· Smooth Chord-Changing Techniques
· Keeping Good Time and Rhythm
· Making the Best Fingering Choices
· Key Signatures, Note Values & Rests
· Recognizing and Naming Basic Chords
You will also be given play-along backing tracks to practice your new Fingerstyle Guitar skills.
Are you serious about learning Fingerstyle? Get started now!
Enroll in Learn Fingerstyle Guitar & Read Music in Beginners Course and start picking your way to Fingerstyle Mastery.
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners who want to play fingerstyle
- Players who want to READ, PLAY & WRITE music on guitar
- Existing "pick" or plectrum guitar players who want to learn fingerstyle techniques
- Anyone who wants to develop technique, music reading and theory together in easy steps
Back in 2000 I started to teach guitar to my kids. That sparked a renewed interest in playing music again for me. I worked hard to regain my roots in classical guitar and started playing in bands again. This time it was church bands.
Since 2000 I've taught at private music studios, given group classes and in-home lessons. I've also played regularly in church bands. Although my Bachelor's is in Engineering I've taken private lessons with various top music professionals. I also have a Music Theory Certificate from Berklee College's Online Campus.
As well as playing and teaching guitar, I wrote the 3-book series that has all of the essentials to take a well rounded approach to learning guitar.
"Guitar in Real Time" books cover multiple genres, music reading and essential theory, as well as basic music composition. Until these books were released, this kind of broad content was unavailable in a such a convenient form.
"Learn Fingerstyle Guitar & Music Reading" on Udemy is based on my Level 1 book. Other courses that I've created on Udemy use some of the content from those books and expand on it.
Music is my passion and I especially enjoy teaching young people, who I try to have a positive influence on. This Udemy format is excellent because it forces me to work at presenting things in the best possible way for others to understand.
I'm happy to share what I have to offer with others who are as passionate as I am about this instrument.