A Complete Financial Analyst Course
What you'll learn
- Participants will learn the theory and application of Financial Modelling and how to use MS Excel in creating Financial Models from scratch.
- Learn how to use MS Excel more efficiently
- Organize, sort and arrange large data in MS Excel
- Learn how to use excel advance functions such as vlook up and macros
- Extract data and prepare company's Profit and Loss Statement
- Automate Statement of Financial Position - The Balance Sheet
- Automate Cash Flow Statement Based on the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet
- Learn the capital structure of a firm, gearing and betas
- Learn how to calculate the Weighted Average Cost of Capital - WACC
- Understand the concept of Discounted Cash Flow - DCF
- Use DCF technique to calculate the NPV and IRR of a project in MS Excel
- Prepare a complete investment appraisal financial model
- Perform business valuation using different methods
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel and Basics of Accounting and Finance
OVERVIEW - Updated October 2021.
Financial Modeling is an essential skill for accounting and finance professional. It is very much in demand in the job market and is highly valued by employers.
Our Financial Modeling training takes you from basics to professional level. This sixteen hours training is based on practical exercises
The course focuses 40% on honing the participants MS Excel skills and 60% focus on application of MS Excel in Accounting and Finance
1. Introduction to Excel
2. Useful tips and tools for your work in Excel
3. Keyboard shortcuts in Excel
4. Excel's key functions and functionalities made easy
5. Update! SUMIFS
6. Financial functions in Excel
7. Microsoft Excel's Pivot Tables
8. Building a complete P&L in Excel - Case Study
9. Introduction to Excel charts
10. Profit and Loss - Case Study
11. Statement of Financial Position - Case Study
12. Statement of Cash Flows - Case Study
13. Financial modeling fundamentals
14. Introduction to Company Valuation and Introduction to Mergers & Acquisitions
15. Learn how to build a Discounted Cash Flow model in Excel - NPV and IRR
16. Investment Appraisal - Case Study
17. Business Valuation - Case Study
18. Capital Budgeting - The theory
19. Capital Budgeting - Case Study
20. Impact of interest rates and exchange rates on NPV
21. Sensitivity Analysis in Capital Budgeting
1. Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of MS Excel. This could be measured as an MS Excel user for more than one year.
2. Basic knowledge of financial accounting.
3. Microsoft Office 2013 or later installed on your computer.
Who this course is for:
- Accounting and Finance professionals as well as accounting and finance students.
A qualified accounting and finance professional with over twenty years of extensive experience in diversified industry sectors such as auditing, large scale manufacturing and oil and gas.
Like most accounting and finance professionals, I started my career as finance executive and then over the years rose to the position of CFO in a multinational company in oil and gas industry.
I have also worked as a consultant with the World Bank and European Union on different projects in Middle East, Eastern Europe and CIS countries during 2011 to 2018 as a principal consultant for IFRS and Financial Management.
I am qualified professional with three professional qualifications MBA, ACCA and CIMA UK. I have been teaching IFRS, Financial Reporting, Financial Management and Performance Management for over fifteen years and my focus areas are ACCA and CIMA qualifications.