- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Implement a server with Express 4
- Understand and explain Express and Node's role in the ecosystem of the internet
- Use Mocha and Supertest to write tests for your Express apps
- Implement a RESTful API with Express
- Serve HTML and CSS files using Express
- Implement Express middleware including body-parser and Cors
This lecture contains the slides for the video discussing what we will be covering.
Express is one of the easiest frameworks for setting up a simple "Hello World" server example on any port.
In this workshop, we create a Hello World example with Express.
- A text editor installed on your workstation (Brackets, Sublime Text or IntelliJ are suggested)
- You need sufficient administration priveleges on your computer to install Node.js. If you can't, have your administrator install Node and let you install NPM modules before starting
Express is an extremely powerful tool for creating web applications built on Node.
Join us for an action-packed series of video tutorials as we learn about how to use and implement the impressive Express library.
- Install Express on your computer- Run a custom server- Understand requests and responses
We'll learn about many aspects of practical Express implementation over the course of over 13 videos and lots of other amazing course material.
- Use GET and POST requests- Write and run tests with Mocha- Learn about RESTful APIs
This course teaches you EVERYTHING you need to know to use Express!
Express is an extremely practical tool, whether you're looking to use it for prototyping, hobbies or if you're looking to improve your qualifications to work in the field of Web Development, this is the course for you!
- Over seven workshops and five lectures- Test your knowledge with challenging quizzes
This is an extremely practical and skills-oriented course. Take the next step to improving your web development skills today!
- Beginners to internet networking and servers will find this course very informative
- Those already expert in Express 2 or 3 may benefit more just from reading the documentation
- Students coming from other languages (.NET, C#) should find this course informative but may wish to skip ahead to the workshop section
- Those who want to understand running servers with Node.js should enjoy this course