Learn environmental site analysis -ladybug v1.4 from scratch
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to obtain climate data of the site and analyze it using ladybug V1.4
- You will have some thoughts about building material
- Learn about micro-climate study
- learn about passive techniques that will be used in the building design
- No prerequisites for taking this course
The parametric and generative designing tools changed the view of the pro-environmental dimension of today’s architecture. When adopting CAD/CAM technological solutions the architects re-solve the relation between the form of buildings, materials used, energy management systems, and pro-environmental properties. The synergy of the latest technologies with natural, traditional, and environment-friendly solutions has gained unprecedented recognition. Environmental objectives are effectively implemented at an increasing scale. Environmental construction supported by the latest digital technologies may soon constitute a bridge between huge urban structures and the natural environment, satisfying the needs of both sides. Parametric design methods allow you to very quickly generate dozens of variations on a project problem, keeping imposed by the investor environmental standards." Marcin Giedrowicz " Parametric Design for Ecological Purposes
The course will discuss the Environmental site analysis using Ladybug tools V 1.4 with Rhinoceros 3D and Grasshopper 3D, it will cover :
o How to get Climate Data & analyze it
o Micro-climate study
** Introduction to Rhinoceros 3d and Grasshopper 3d
** Introduction to passive design techniques
** Ladybug V1.4
- Climate Data Analysis
*Wind rose/ wind profile
*Outdoor comfort study
* Solar radiation Study
- Students will learn how to obtain climate data of the site and analyze it.
- Think about the building concept
- Decide the building form & Orientation
- Have some thoughts about building materials & passive techniques that will be used in the building design
Note that the course in Arabic
Who this course is for:
- interior designers
- environmental designers
- Professional architects
- Beginner Architects that curious about environmental design
- sustainability experts
· Lecturer of computational Environmental Design.
· Teaching assistant at Algoritm international summer school 2015 &2016
· IBPSA-Egypt Fellow.
· Member of Virtual heritage Cairo Program.
· Bachelor of Architecture Engineering, faculty of engineering of Shubra, Banha University
· Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental planning and design (Cairo University)
· Masters of Science in Architecture – Major Environmental planning and design ( Cairo University)
· Postgraduate studies in Sustainable building design for tropical climates, Politecnico Di Milano.
· Postgraduate studies in Zero-Energy Design, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
· Entrepreneurship, TIEC.