Improve Your English Vocabulary with over 140 Tricky Words
What you'll learn
- Tips and tricks covering more than 70 of the most difficult English words to tell apart
- 12 quizzes and a project to help you test your understanding.
- Learn mind tricks to remember English words that sound alike
- Write more confidently in English
- Get your point across more accurately when writing in English
- Improve written English test scores
- Comprehend and communicate better on social media
- Avoid some embarrassing auto-correct mishaps on mobile and computer devices
- Improved understanding of spoken English
- A desire to learn, ask questions, and interact with others
- Conversational English is very helpful for this class
- Intermediate level spoken English
- A written or reading English vocabulary of 500-1000 words or more is helpful, but not necessary
7/12/15 update: 6 new lectures were added, all closed captioned. This brings the course from "over 70 tricky words" to OVER 140 TRICKY WORDS!
Note: All lectures are closed-captioned to help you understand the content. This course mainly covers US-English word use.
"...I like the visual illustrations to help remember as I am a dominant visual learner..." -- Erika
"...This course was well thought out..." -- Gary
"...this is the most fastest and easiest method to memorise vocabular[y]..." - Shane
"....such a great way to remember!" - Angelika
Build confidence in your English writing skills.
You can perfect your use of confusing English words, such as the sound-alikes "write" and "right" which mean something very different. This course will help you remember which word is the correct word, and you will learn and practice 144 commonly mistaken words.
You need to write these words when:
- job hunting
- running a business
- social media
- texting and emailing
Improve your English writing with verbal, visual and story-like tips on knowing the correct word to use. You can tell the differences between common problem words in English.
- Look more professional
- Avoid miscommunications
- Say what you mean
- Make a great first impression
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the course. Search on my name and my instructor page will come up in the results.
Enroll today and improve your writing right away!
Who this course is for:
- People familiar with conversational English but who need to sharpen their English writing skills
- Homeschoolers, homeschooling families
- International English students
- Advanced English learners who are still making mistakes with homophones (words that sound alike)
- Intermediate English as a Second Language learners
- Intermediate English as a Foreign Language learners
- Business people
- Native English speakers who make common mistakes with words that sound alike
- Anyone who wants to improve their English writing
- Lectures are closed captioned to improve listening comprehension
Writer Criss Ittermann is a revolutionary brainstormer and some people call her a "Renaissance Woman." In addition to an uncanny ability to come up with novel ideas, Criss has skills from computer repair and programming through graphic design, holistic healing, American Sign Language, writing and sculpting, and a wide range of experience in the small business world.
With keen perception and thorough processing, Criss can quickly take in and evaluate disparate information and come to unconventional conclusions. Whether she asks uncanny questions that provoke new ways of thinking, or she produces an unorthodox solution from her mental machinery, you can be certain that the ideas Criss produces will create subtle but important change.
When you want someone with an adventurous attitude to encourage you to solve your problem puzzles, ground-breaking ideas to bring a big difference to make you stand out in a crowd, or fresh solutions to age-old headaches, talk to Criss.