Learn English Using Stories - Intermediate Level
What you'll learn
- Develop your listening comprehension skills via animated stories.
- Improve your English speaking skills through answering questions about each story.
- Develop your critical thinking skills by identifying the moral of each story.
- Expand your knowledge of English vocabulary, phrases, and expressions.
- You will get the most out of this course if you have a basic understanding of English vocabulary.
If you enjoy a story that makes you think and appeals to your emotions, this is the English language course for you. You will listen to and watch animated stories based in the workplace and various social situations. Stories offer a great way to learn English because they make us feel and think.
When we feel or think deeply about something, we are more likely to remember the details. What happened between the two characters? Why did he do that to her? How did they meet? Who is responsible for the mistake? Where was the manager when the two employees were arguing? Your mind will focus on the details of the stories, which helps you to remember the vocabulary and phrases.
This course is designed for intermediate level English learners, and offers you the following; each section:
Asks questions to help you understand the details of the stories on a deeper level
Gives you an opportunity to practice pronouncing words and phrases from each story
Invites you to think critically about the situations and motivations of the characters
Each section also includes multiple choice practice exercises that enhance story comprehension, and help you to assess your progress. At the end of the course, you can take a final quiz, and you will have access to a Q&A forum and private messaging with me if you have any questions.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to express yourself in English at work and in social conversations.
- This course is for you if you enjoy learning through stories with messages and elevated ideas.
My love for teaching English has taken me to countries like Japan and China, where I lived for several years. I grew up in the United States, where I'm currently based and have been teaching English virtually to students in South Korea and China for more than a decade. My academic background includes a bachelor's in English with a concentration in secondary education and ESL. I am also TESL/TEFL certified through ICAL. Cultural exchange with students from around the globe is one of my favorite things.