Learn English Through Funny News
What you'll learn
- Improve their Reading Comprehension
- Understand English News Articles
- Develop A Stronger English Vocabulary
- Improve English Analytical Thinking
- Students are expected to work at their own pace
- Students should complete course assignments in order to improve their language skills
- This is an intermeidate course for students with a basic level of English
Welcome to Learning English through Funny News. Learning English through News is a new and exciting way to improve your reading, comprehension, listening, and writing skills. We discuss funny news articles about western culture, and learn new vocabulary, comprehension, and listening skills.
What is this course about?
In this course you will read funny English news articles. You will learn new vocabulary, and writing methods. We will discuss the articles and you will gain better English comprehension.
How is this course different than other English courses?
What makes this course different is the learning style used. This course uses humor and laughs to help you learn. Each article is entertaining and will make you laugh and learn at the same time. Remember if you can laugh at an English joke. That means you can understand what you just laughed at.
Will I become fluent in English by the end of this course?
Of course not! lol You will not become fluent by the end of this course, but you will gain a stronger more natural vocabulary. You will experience greater confidence in your English speaking and comprehension. This course will greatly improve your English but it will not make you fluent.
What is the best way to learn from the lessons?
We recommend that you do one lesson each day. After each lesson there is a discussion question. Make sure you answer the discussion question in the discussion board. You can repeat any lesson as many times as you want till you feel comfortable with the information.
Who this course is for:
- Serious English Learners who want to be able to read Modern English Texts
- Students seeking to understand humor from English Text
- Students seeking toimprove their English Vocabulary
- Students who want to take their English to the next level
Ronen Geisler is a Canadian certified teacher and local comedian. He graduated University with a degree in psychology and a degree in Education. He has spent over two years abroad teaching English in China, and enjoys telling jokes at local comedy bars in his spare time. Ronen Geisler is the host of the English Funcast Podcast. With other 10,000 daily listeners, and over 100 podcast episodes. Ron is one of the most popular English teachers online. His teaching method uses Jokes and Humor to teach English. If you can laugh at an English joke that means that you understand that joke in English.