Learn English Today: Common Nouns, Proper Nouns & Pronouns
What you'll learn
- A common nouns is a generic name for a person, place, thing or animal
- A common noun can not be capitalised unless it either begins a sentence or appears in a title
- Knowing when and how to use common nouns
- Word placement in English and how it will help you succeed with English
- Common nouns can further be classified into proper nouns
- Common nouns denote a class of objects but proper nouns are specific
- Pronouns are used in a sentence in place of a noun
- There are three cases with personal pronouns
- Demonstrative Pronouns are used to show one or more nouns that might be far or near in distance and time
- Interrogative pronouns are used to ask questions about the noun we are referring to
- Relative pronouns are used to connect clauses together
- Indefinite pronouns are used when referring to things that are unspecified
- Reciprocal pronouns are uses when a group of nouns are doing the same thing
- Reflexive and intensive pronouns are used when showing a noun which has been used in an earlier part of the sentence
- No requirements other than a very basic level of English
In this course you will get top quality English tutoring to help you be successful at nouns in the English language. We cover the different types of nouns; common, proper and pronouns. You will get practical, step by step explanations, practice examples and demonstration lessons. Nouns are a crucial part of English and so important for the rest of your journey as an English student so join us in this course as we help you achieve your goals.
This course is engaging, practical and takes you on a powerful journey that supports your journey as a student.
Get the following when you enroll:
Engaging lessons that teach you key concepts and build up your confidence so you can apply what you've learnt
A whiteboard lesson that teaches you an overview of the course and your journey of transformation to achieve your goals
Practice questions for each concept so you can take action and apply what you have learnt and make sufficient progress
Downloadable worksheets that you can refer to and get the answers and explanations you need for future reference
Access to Caithlin Rusty at any time through the messaging and assignments feature of the platform
Encouragement from other students who are focused on the same goal, just like you
Enrol today and we look forward to seeing your success as an English student!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn English better
- Anyone who wants to learn about the different types of nouns and practice examples
In my courses you learn practical skills: "I feel like I am in a real classroom." - Kira Minehart
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema". Or Tulongeni Shilunga: "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I also help lead digital transformation at FirstRand, the biggest financial services group in Africa. I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 17,000 students about business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"
My name is Caithlin Rusty, a dynamic and innovative TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certified educator looking to make a difference within the lives of every student. My goal within every course is to make the this learning experience as fun and relatable as possible. I strive to make each and every lesson personalized to avoid tedious and boring learning.