Learn Easier Study Better
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course, you will be a more efficient learner.
- You will learn how to improve and maintain your motivation.
- You will learn about the learning process and how your brain learns.
- You will Increase your confidence in you learning abilities.
- You will learn how to prepare your attitude for better learning.
- You will learn an assortment of tricks and strategies to help you learn and study more effectively.
- You will improve your metacognition by gaining a better understanding of which of you thought processes help your learning and which hinder your learning.
- You will develop a growth mind set which helps you experience more success with learning challenges.
- Some desire to become a better learner.
Learn Easier Study Better was created with middle and high school students, online learners, and adult learners returning to a student role, in mind. Typically these types of students are the ones who most need to learn how to develop their ability to learn independently, boost their confidence in their abilities and basically learn easier and study better. However anyone who feels that they could improve their learning and study abilities will benefit from this course.
This course helps these students accomplish exactly this in two main ways. First, it will increase students' meta-cognition. This is the ability to think about one's thinking. Thus students will learn to recognize what it is that they do that helps their learning as well as what they do that hinders their learning. Secondly, this course encourages students to develop a growth mindset. A growth mindset includes perseverance and a "can do" attitude. A growth mindset is more indicative of success than IQ!
In this course you, you will learn to improve and maintain your motivation and attitude toward learning, understand the learning process, increase your confidence in your learning, and learn an assortment of tricks and strategies to help you learn and study more effectively. This is taught through standard videos, narrated slideshow videos, handouts, reading texts, and key concept visuals. Students will learn through repetition, reflection, and using the three modes of learning (auditory, visual, and kinesthetic).
It should take a student 4-5 hours to complete this course. This time lime includes watching the videos, reading and viewing the text materials and doing the handout exercises. The benefits of the work that you will do in this short time will be felt throughout your life!
Who this course is for:
- middle and high school students
- online students
- returning adult students
- parents who wish to help their children with their learning
Stacey Hernberg is a B.C. certified teacher. She has worked for the Langley School District #35 since 1995 where she has taught Kindergarten through Grade 8 and is now an English Language teacher. She also taught EFL and ESL abroad and worked with local homeschooling families.
Stacey graduated from Simon Fraser University with a Bachelor of Arts degree and also completed their Professional Development Teaching Diploma in 1995. There she specialized in Mathematics, Psychology, Early Childhood Education, and Learning Disabilities. Since then, Stacey has completed a Master of Education specializing in Language and Literacy.
Stacey is an enthusiastic life-long learner and avid reader who loves being a mother and teacher. Her passion for parenting and her love for teaching, learning, and all things education, led her to the joys of teaching children how to learn and study more effectively. She has taught study skills to high school students and success strategies to elementary students. In her M. Ed. program, her focus was on developing students' metacognition to promote better learning skills.