Learn Dutch for Beginners: The Ultimate 75-Lesson Course
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 100 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Read and Write in Dutch
- Sound like a Native Speaker with Pronunciation Lessons
- Participate in Basic Polish Conversations and Use Daily Phrases
- Understand and Pick Up on Basic Conversations
- No Prerequisite Knowledge of Dutch Needed
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to see the PDF Lesson Notes and Transcripts
Are you ready to start speaking, writing and understanding Dutch in minutes? Then, this is the course for you. You unlock 75 high-quality beginner video lessons and we’ll guide you step-by-step.
Learn Dutch with lessons made by real teachers.
In every lesson, we take you by the hand and guide you through the language.
- Learn Basic Dutch Conversation Skills with the 3-Minute Video Series
- Sharpen Your Listening with Comprehension Lessons
- Boost Your Reading with Comprehension Lessons
- Get Access to 75 High-Definition Video Lessons
- Unlock Bonus Access to Lesson Transcripts and Vocabulary Lists
This is the ultimate starting point for any beginner.
By the end, you’ll be able to hold basic Dutch conversations – such as introducing yourself, asking for directions and making small talk with others. You’ll also know how to read and write in Dutch.
If you’re a beginner and want to learn Dutch in the fastest, easiest and most fun way, start here. This course is broken up into 5 parts:
- Learn Dutch in Three Minutes: In the Netherlands, manners are important, and in this 25-lesson series, you'll learn some of the basics you need to be polite while speaking Dutch. Marleen will take you step-by-step through must-know phrases like "Do you speak English?" and Hello, my name is…". See the phrases broken down on screen while native Dutch speaker Marleen explains the grammar and composition. Plus, you'll get some special tips on how to be extra authentic when interacting with native Dutch speakers. The best part? You'll do all this in just 3 quick minutes.
- Dutch Listening Comprehension for Absolute Beginners: Improve your Dutch listening skills in every lesson! This Dutch Listening Comprehension Series tests you on your listening and makes sure you understand every word. Listen to the dialog, watch the video, and answer the questions asked. This video series is perfect for Absolute Beginners.
- Dutch Reading Comprehension for Absolute Beginners: Learned the alphabet and ready to read in Dutch? This Dutch Reading Comprehension Series is designed for Absolute Beginners. These lessons test you on your reading and make sure you understand every word. Watch the video, then answer the questions asked.
- Dutch Listening Comprehension for Beginners: Ready to understand even more Dutch? This Dutch Listening Comprehension Series tests you on your listening and makes sure you understand every word. Listen to the dialog, watch the video, and answer the questions asked. This video series is perfect for Beginner Dutch learners or those looking to reach a Beginner level.
- Dutch Listening Comprehension for Beginners: Want to read in Dutch like a pro? This Dutch Reading Comprehension Series tests you on your reading and makes sure you understand every word. Watch the video, then answer the questions asked. This video series is perfect for Beginners who want to practice their reading skills!
- Absolute Beginners of Dutch
In this series, we’re going to learn basic Dutch expressions. It’s super easy and it only takes three minutes!
In this lesson, you’re going to learn how to introduce yourself in Dutch. We’ll start speaking right away, but first it’s important to clarify that in Dutch there is a difference between formal and informal language.
In the previous lesson, we learned how to introduce ourselves in Dutch. In this lesson we’re going to learn how to use good manners as we thank people. This is perfect for absolute beginners. Let's find out now!
In the previous lesson, we learned the most common forms of greetings in Dutch. Do you remember them?
In this lesson we’re going to learn a very useful phrase- “Do you speak English?”
If you find yourself in a situation where you need assistance in English, this phrase can be a lifesaver.
In this lesson, we are going to deal with the verbs “to be”, zijn, and “to come”, komen.
When you meet a new person in the Netherlands, they might ask you Waar kom je vandaan? which is the equivalent of "Where are you from?" It literally means “Where do you come from?” in Dutch.
Let’s break it down.
This is the second part of our lesson on the verb zijn, which is "to be".
This verb is also used to talk about location, to say things like "I am in the street" or "He is in the room", so it's very useful!
When you want to know where something or someone is, you use the verb zijn in Dutch.
For example, when someone asks you on the phone Waar ben je? That means
"Where are you?"
Let's break it down.
In this lesson, we are going to learn a third practical usage of this verb. We will use zijn to talk about your age.
It’s normal for young people in the Netherlands to ask each other’s ages. But it might be risky to ask people over 25!
If someone asks you Hoe oud ben jij? just know that it means “How old are you?” in Dutch. Let's break it down.
In this lesson, listen to a conversation set in a bookstore. Look at the image, listen to the question, listen to the dialogue and answer the question. Learn new vocabularies too! This is perfect for absolute beginners.
How to buy a train ticket from a ticket machine in Dutch. Let's find out now!
Listen to a conversation in a jewelry store. This Language Listening Comprehension Series tests you on your listening and makes sure you understand every word. Plus, you'll learn new words and phrases. Perfect for Beginners!
How to determine the last stop of your train? This is very important to know when travelling by train so let's practice.