Learn DevOps: Scaling apps On-Premises and in the Cloud
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand how to scale applications on-premises and on the cloud
- Able to use vagrant to deploy dev / test on Cloud Infrastructure
- Able to use Terraform to deploy production applications on the Cloud
- Install, configure, launch AWS ElasticBeanstalk applications
- Install, launch, and use Kubernetes with Deis Workflow to enable Private Cloud
What is scalability and how do you scale? What are some examples of scalable apps.
A scalable architecture: availability, performance, reliability, scalability, manageability, and cost. This lecture also includes an example web app architecture.
This lecture explains what distributed databases are, and the difference with traditional ACID compliant databases.
Now that we have our VPC, we can set up the database and application layer. For the database layer I'm going to use AWS RDS (Relational Database Service) and for the Application Layer Elastic Beanstalk. This is going to allow us to easily set up scalable infrastructure.
- You should already be familiar with DevOps, Vagrant, Ansible, and Docker. My Udemy course "Learn DevOps: Continuously Deliver Better Software" is a prerequisite unless you are already familiar with the technologies mentioned.
In this course you will learn how to deploy scalable applications using DevOps techniques. Why DevOps? It is one of the most sought after skills in the IT industry. The average salary in the US is $105,000 per year (source: Glassdoor), up to an average of $146,000 in San Fransisco (source: Indeed).
The course is aimed at software engineers, database and system administrators that want to deliver software that is scalable, reliable, available, manageable and still cost effective. Other IT professionals can also take this course, but might have to do some extra research to understand some of the concepts.
You will learn how to improve your applications and databases by applying techniques to scale your software. I will explain how to scale your application using proven automation, configuration management, provisioning and deployment tools. I also cover newer tools like Docker, Kubernetes and Deis.
The course is very practical. There are 3 use cases I will be explaining in detail. All the code is available for you to reuse on Github. If you get stuck with the technology while trying, there is support available. I will answer your messages on the message boards and we have a Facebook group where you can post questions.
- DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers, DBAs who are interested in scalable applications and database