Learn Devops Kubernetes deployment by kops and terraform
- Students should be motivated and willing and trying to understand Kubernetes concepts.
- Students should have some very basic knowledge of command line (does not matter whether it would be Linux, Windows or Mac)
- Should have PC or Mac (optionally some server they can SSH to and go through this course from remote server).
Kubernetes as the orchestration platform for not only Docker containers is gaining more momentum everyday especially in DevOps like world. Besides other main orchestration systems Kubernetes can be considered as one of the most popular one. All big cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure have already more or less adopted Kubernetes as a part of their portfolio and services. Kubernetes and Docker containers altogether create an ideal ecosystem for deploying micro services - which seems to be the model for next generation applications.
When thinking about containers and horizontally scalable applications we might be taking into account also some other other software such as Terraform which helps us tremendously to keep our infrastructure (independent of cloud provider) in immutable state. There are some officially supported tools like "kops" which hand in hand with Terraform makes the Kuberentes deployment to AWS extraordinary easy and comprehensive and makes DevOps people lives super easy.
The main goal of this course is to provide a comprehensive explanation to the people who are truly willing to deep dive in Kubernetes and Docker world and perhaps aspiring for DevOps carrier. In order to achieve this goal I have decided to use NGINX web server examples throughout this course - just because year back I was amazed by value which is delivered by web server itself. Imagine that every business in the world is serving their content via some kind of this powerful piece of software. Nowadays, we can take an advantage of deploying and scaling of docerized mainly Open Source web servers to Kubernetes at any cloud provider you can think of.
I hope you guys are going to enjoy this course and I am certain that anybody is more than good enough to complete this course. Crossed fingers and which you the best!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner or Intermediate who are willing to understand and learn more about Kubernetes orchestration in AWS by using Docker containers.
- This course is mainly for people interested in DevOps related industry.
- People who understand some basic concepts of Docker container however, this course will just take an advantage of already build Docker containers
- Anybody who is interested in container orchestration systems.
- Anybody who wants to understand newest technology trends.
I have been working in DevOps-related roles for the past six years, primarily focusing on Kubernetes deployments in both AWS and on-premises environments. Throughout my career, I have gained extensive experience in integrating Kubernetes within cloud environments such as AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), as well as on-premises solutions including Kops, Rancher (RKE), K3S, and Kubeadm.
Additionally, I have received my postgraduate degree in the field of Optoelectronics, specifically exploring Free Space Optics communications.
Furthermore, I am proud to be fully certified in Kubernetes, holding certifications such as Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS). These certifications validate my in-depth knowledge and skills in effectively managing and deploying Kubernetes clusters.
Overall, my extensive experience in DevOps, proficiency in Kubernetes, and academic background in Optoelectronics make me well-equipped to tackle various challenges in infrastructure management, cloud deployments, and application monitoring.