Learn Devops Kubernetes deployment by kops and terraform
- Students should be motivated and willing and trying to understand Kubernetes concepts.
- Students should have some very basic knowledge of command line (does not matter whether it would be Linux, Windows or Mac)
- Should have PC or Mac (optionally some server they can SSH to and go through this course from remote server).
Kubernetes as the orchestration platform for not only Docker containers is gaining more momentum everyday especially in DevOps like world. Besides other main orchestration systems Kubernetes can be considered as one of the most popular one. All big cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure have already more or less adopted Kubernetes as a part of their portfolio and services. Kubernetes and Docker containers altogether create an ideal ecosystem for deploying micro services - which seems to be the model for next generation applications.
When thinking about containers and horizontally scalable applications we might be taking into account also some other other software such as Terraform which helps us tremendously to keep our infrastructure (independent of cloud provider) in immutable state. There are some officially supported tools like "kops" which hand in hand with Terraform makes the Kuberentes deployment to AWS extraordinary easy and comprehensive and makes DevOps people lives super easy.
The main goal of this course is to provide a comprehensive explanation to the people who are truly willing to deep dive in Kubernetes and Docker world and perhaps aspiring for DevOps carrier. In order to achieve this goal I have decided to use NGINX web server examples throughout this course - just because year back I was amazed by value which is delivered by web server itself. Imagine that every business in the world is serving their content via some kind of this powerful piece of software. Nowadays, we can take an advantage of deploying and scaling of docerized mainly Open Source web servers to Kubernetes at any cloud provider you can think of.
I hope you guys are going to enjoy this course and I am certain that anybody is more than good enough to complete this course. Crossed fingers and which you the best!
- Beginner or Intermediate who are willing to understand and learn more about Kubernetes orchestration in AWS by using Docker containers.
- This course is mainly for people interested in DevOps related industry.
- People who understand some basic concepts of Docker container however, this course will just take an advantage of already build Docker containers
- Anybody who is interested in container orchestration systems.
- Anybody who wants to understand newest technology trends.
- Please shut down all your resources in AWS if you do not use them00:12
- What is this course about05:29
- Create free account on AWS04:11
- Install AWS materials00:18
- Install aws utility03:54
- Configure aws with proper credentials05:14
- Install kubectl commands00:14
- Install kubectl02:05
- Install Kops commands00:19
- Install kops03:31
- Install Terraform commands00:20
- Install terraform03:41
- Terraform materials00:37
- How to practically use terraform07:00
- Start Kubernetes cluster - kops command00:11
- How to use kops and create Kubernetes cluster07:46
- How to use kops and create Kubernetes cluster (Continue) - Why hosted zone07:39
- Convert terraform v11 code procuded by kops to terraform v1200:12
- How to use kops and create Kubernetes cluster (Demo)09:00
- Kubernetes cluster components explained08:24
- Simple Nginx commands00:11
- Simple Kubernetes cluster Nginx deployment (Part 1)10:03
- Simple Kubernetes cluster Nginx deployment - explanation (Part 2)05:49
- Exploring and editing simple Kubernetes cluster deployment (Part 3)06:57
- Deployment materials02:10
- Kubernetes cluster deployment via YAML files (Part 4)08:18
- Update NGINX content in Kubernetes cluster deployment (Part 5)11:14
I have been in DevOps related jobs for past two years dealing mainly with Kubernetes in AWS and onpremise as well. I spent quite a lot of time with integrating of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logshash and Kibana) to a complex infrastructure monitoring. I'm dealing with docerized Grafana and Prometheus setup in Kubernetes. Postgraduate student in a field of Optoelectronics (Free Space Optics communications). Engineer graduated in field of Infoelectronics with five years of experience on System Administration and application administration as well as other related fields.