Learn DevOps: Infrastructure Automation With Terraform
What you'll learn
- Understand, use and apply terraform, including advanced terraform features
- Use terraform to provision AWS resources
- Prepare for the HashiCorp Terraform Certification with lectures aligned with the exam objectives
- Use terraform with Packer to create custom images
- Use terraform with AWS ECS, Fargate, and CodePipelines
- Be able to apply DevOps techniques using terraform
- To be able to do the demos yourself, you should have an AWS account. You can open one for free and I explain how to open one in the course.
Terraform has gained a lot in popularity lately and is the tool you need to master if you are or about to get into a Ops / DevOps role. You typically use a technology like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet to automate the provisioning of software. Terraform starts from the same principle, infrastructure as code, but focusses on the automation of the infrastructure itself. Your whole Cloud infrastructure (instances, volumes, networking, IPs) can be described in terraform.
In this course you'll learn how to use terraform to automate your infrastructure. I will first show you the basics of terraform and will then explain how to automate infrastructure on AWS using terraform. You can open an AWS account for free to do the labs. I also provide a lot of code examples which you can immediately use to automate your own infrastructure.
Added AWS Autoscaling lectures
Added Terraform+Packer Jenkins integration lectures
Added Terraform with Docker on AWS (ECR and ECS)
Added Terraform with Jenkins workflow using ECR and ECS
Added a lecture about useful terraform commands
Added a demo on how to use terraform show/graph/taint/untaint/import
Added a lecture and demo about Elastic Beanstalk on AWS
Terraform for Windows setup + puttygen
Module development with an ECS + ALB module demo
Setting up a hosted Kubernetes cluster using AWS EKS
Lectures covering new variable approach in terraform-0.12
For & For Each loops
Updated lectures with new AWS UI
Updated jenkins-packer-demo demo
Advanced Module development
Lectures and demos covering new Terraform 0.13 features
Terraform lock file (terraform 0.14)
A complete new section on the HashiCorp Terraform Certification has now been added!
Refactoring modules with the "moved" block
Cloud Development Kit For Terraform (CDKTF)
This course includes english captions.
Who this course is for:
- This course is great if you're in an Ops or DevOps position and you want to learn about automation using terraform
I've been a System Administrator and full stack developer for over 10 years, the typical profile for a DevOps engineer. I've been working in multiple organizations and startups. I've cofounded a startup that focusses on applying DevOps and Cloud. I have been training people in newer technologies, like Big Data. I've trained a lot of people working in FTSE 100 & S&P 100 companies. Today I mainly work together with companies to improve their software delivery processes, while coaching and teaching on platforms like Udemy.