Learn DevOps Helm/Helmfile Kubernetes deployment
What you'll learn
- Learn deployment concepts in Kubernetes by using helm v3 and helmfile
- Learn how to work and interact with Kubernetes orchestration platform.
- Deploy Kubernetes cluster in AWS by using kops and terraform.
- Learn how to use and adjust Helm charts version 3
- Students should be excited and motivated to learn and understand Kubernetes.
- Willingness to understand new concepts and Kubernetes paradigms.
- Students should have some knowledge of command line (does not matter whether it would be Linux, Windows or Mac)
- Should have PC or Mac (optionally some server they can SSH to and go through this course from remote server).
- Create Free AWS account.
- Have domain name in order to make Hosted Zone work properly. (Student can also find some free domain name providers)
The main motivation for this course was to provide students a comprehensive explanation of the applications deployment to Kubernetes cluster in AWS by using the standard called helm chart via helm version 3 and helmfile binaries. In order to achieve this goal, the course is using particular HELM CHARTS such as deploy:
Jupyter Notebooks as docker container locally and well as in Kubernetes in AWS,
create helm chart from scratch,
MySQL and Gogs (cool Github like web UI),
Jenkins from your own helm chart repository,
deploy Chartmuseum (helm chart repository),
Grafana and Prometheus from Chartmuseum,
Nginx Ingress Controller as LoadBalancer,
I will try to explain everything in practical context so everybody can put together thoughts accurate to her/his thinking process.
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who wants to learn Kubernetes.
- People interested in helm charts version 3
- This course is mainly for people interested in DevOps related industry.
- Anybody who wants to understand newest technology micro service like infrastructure.
I have been in DevOps related jobs for past 6 years dealing mainly with Kubernetes in AWS and on-premise as well. I spent quite a lot of time with integrating Kubernetes in both Cloud environment as well as in on-premise (Elastic Kubernetes Service in AWS, AKS, GKE, Kops and Rancher - RKE, K3S, kubeadm). I have dealt with ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logshash and Kibana) to a complex infrastructure monitoring. I'm dealing with dockerized Grafana and Prometheus setup in Kubernetes. Postgraduate student in a field of Optoelectronics (Free Space Optics communications). Engineer graduated in field of Info-electronics with five years of experience on System Administration and application administration as well as other related fields.