Learn DevOps: CI/CD with Jenkins using Pipelines and Docker
What you'll learn
- Use Jenkins to perform Continuous Integration within your Software Development Lifecycle
- Install Jenkins using docker
- Configure Jenkins “The DevOps way”, using Docker, Jobs DSL and Jenkins Pipelines
- Use plugins to integrate Jenkins with popular development software
- Configure the authentication and authorization options to tighten security on your Jenkins UI
- You should have an understanding about software development in general
- You'll need to be able to install Jenkins on a PC or Cloud instance.
Jenkins is the most popular tool to do Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of your software:
It’s free and open source
It has a strong community with thousands of plugins you can use
Jenkins is used in a lot of companies, from startups to enterprises
This course will teach you how to use Jenkins using the Jenkins DSL and Jenkins Pipelines (Jenkinsfile). It's a new way of using Jenkins, rather than using freestyle projects. I call it using Jenkins, the DevOps way! I'll explain you about infrastructure as code and automation to make sure you understand how Jenkins Pipelines fits within this new way of thinking.
I'll show you how to integrate Jenkins Pipelines with popular software tools, like:
GitHub / Bitbucket
Onelogin (Using SAML)
If you’re looking for a job in the DevOps space, Jenkins is a must have skill.
I explain in the course how to install Jenkins if you don't have an installed version yet. You'll need a Ubuntu 20.04.x VM or cloud instance to follow the installation procedure. In the demos I will be using DigitalOcean as a cloud provider, but you are free to use any provider or VM (VMWare/Virtualbox, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc). I'll be assisting you in the Q&A if you have any problems setting up Jenkins.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is exposed to software delivery: Developers, System Administrators, DBAs, Managers
I've been a System Administrator and full stack developer for over 10 years, the typical profile for a DevOps engineer. I've been working in multiple organizations and startups. I've cofounded a startup that focusses on applying DevOps and Cloud. I have been training people in newer technologies, like Big Data. I've trained a lot of people working in FTSE 100 & S&P 100 companies. Today I mainly work together with companies to improve their software delivery processes, while coaching and teaching on platforms like Udemy.