25 Design Patterns in Java for Beginners
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to use design patterns on a day to day basis
- You will learn how to manage the creation, the structure and the behaviour of complex objects
- You will learn how to define any existing design pattern, and recognize situations where you can use each.
- Through practical exercises, you will be prepared on how to answer interview questions related to design patterns.
- Basic knowledge of Java
Curious how to solve common problems in your code? Want to learn more about design patterns to prepare yourself for a technical interview?
Then you came to the right place :).
The objective of this course is to introduce you with all the design patterns that can be implemented in Java.
In this course, you will learn everything about design patterns from each of the three main categories: creational, structural and behavioural.
The main target of this course are beginners which are making their first steps in learning Java programming language. The course is also targetting more advanced students which need to brush up their knowledge on the topic of design patterns.
What is a Design Pattern?
A design pattern is a reusable solution that can be applied to common programming scenarios. As a developer, you will encounter design patterns everywhere. The Java API alone solves most of its programming challenges with different design patterns.
The term has been introduced in the book called Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software, a book published by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John Vlissides, a group of computer scientists known as the Gang of Four.
I hope you will find this course useful and you will use the knowledge gathered from this course in solving design issues in your code.
Who this course is for:
- Java developers, software engineers, hobby programmers.
- Developers that wish to improve on their design patterns knowledge.
My name is Laurentiu, I am a software engineer in test, currently working in Switzerland. I am passionate about technology, and I love speaking about tech topics.
My main expertise is Java. I have working experience with Java of more than 5 years, particularly in the testing field. Throughout my career I have used Selenium, Cucumber, Apache POI, RestAssured and many other libraries from the Java ecosystem.
Recently I started my new company, Bitheap. With Bitheap, my aim is to provide educational content to developers and tech ethusiasts around the world.