Learn decision making skills using animated parable stories.
What you'll learn
- 1. How to consciously shift from system 1 way of thinking & decision making to system 2 way of thinking & decision making
- 2. How to use mental Models to improve decision making
- 3. How to identify the cognitive biases that affect our decision making and eliminate it.
- 4. How to use the 90 second rule to prevent getting emotionally hijacked
- 5. How to use our physiology, breathing, to get emotional & cognitive coherence. And improve thinking & decision making ability
- 6. How to us creative visualization to improve decision making ability
- You realize that decision is a key skill to be an effective manager & entrepreneur. It saves time, fosters respect, motivates people, prevents conflict and increases productivity. If you want to change for the better join the course.
The Most common decision making technique thought to us is:
Identify the situation/problem, gather information, identify alternatives, weigh the evidence, choose the action, get feedback & make the changes.
But this doesn’t teach us
How our emotions & feelings influence our decision making.
How our cognitive biases (automatic decision making formulas) influence our decision making.
How our physiology influences our decision making.
This course will help you identify the basic process of decision making.
How we think, leading to how we feel, leading to how our body reacts and leading to how we act.
Understand the many elements which influence our decision making process.
From stimuli to thoughts to emotions plus feelings to physiological changes in the body to we taking an action and the consequences.
The two types of thinking and decision making systems we all use.
System one (Fast, Unconscious, automatic, effortless & without self-awareness)
and System two (slow, deliberate, conscious, effortful & controlled mental process)
You will learn many tips & techniques on how to consciously shift from system one to system two. Like:
The 90 second rule
The 5 whys method
Recognizing cognitive bias
Using mental models
Using physiology &
Using creative visualization.
At the end of the course your decision making capability will substantially improve.
You will be able to take more conscious decisions.
No more emotional hijacks. (You end up taking a decision and then wonder why you did that!)
You would all agree the outcome of our life is dependent on the many decisions we take. Our decision to choose a particular formal education, our career path, company we join for work, person we decide to marry, our investments, our risks, our decisions while playing a particular sport...
But unfortunately neither in our schools or college we are formally thought the skill of decision making. We are left on our own to figure it out, by trial & error, as we stumble & steady ourselves in our life journey.
As I traversed through life many a time I have looked back with a remorse “why did I take that decision?”
I started to explore the science of decision making. The psychology & the neuroscience. What are the key factors involved in the decision making process?
Is our decision making purely driven by our instinct?
Have we any control over it?
Can we consciously change the way we think & decide and thereby the outcomes?
The discovery process was exciting.
It was like a street smart cricketer or soccer player, joining a coaching camp and discovering that there is scientific way to hold the bat and kick the ball! It doesn’t have to be trial & error.
And I am excited to share the same.
This course has been designed to give you a comprehensive view of the decision making system. Once you become conscious of the many factors involved in our decision making process the decisions you will make would be a conscious one and not instinctive.And as you keep practicing the tips & techniques taught you will become better and better.
Who this course is for:
- This course has been designed for entrepreneurs. Business owners of small scale enterprises. You can improve your decision making and also use the learnings to improve the decision capability of your team.
- Corporate executives would also immensely benefit. You might be aware of Google’s Project Oxygen. A research to determine what makes a manager great at Google. They identified ten behaviours that are common among their highest performing managers. Most of these behaviors are soft skills and utilized more emotional intelligence than computer or systems training. This course will help you understand the role emotions play in our decision making process. And prevent getting emotionally hijacked.
- This course will also help corporate trainers, Learning & development managers and Human Resources managers to understand how to use parables. According to Dr. Kenneth Yates, Professor of Clinical Education in the Rossier School of Education at the University of Southern California, “Analogies increase learning by about 35%”. “Use analogies when possible in training but always when we teach novel and complex processes” (The first important behavior listed in Project Oxygen was “The person is a good Coach”.)
- I would recommend students to do this course to improve their decision making skills. Be it in the field of sports or choosing a career or deciding on a relationship the skills would be of immense help.
- Lastly I would recommend parents who have kids between 10 to 16 years to do the course and share the learnings with their children.
It was a chance meeting that changed my life.
I had gone to meet a friend who was studying MD (Psychiatry) in a Mumbai medical college. He introduced me to the head of his department. We started talking on random topics. Suddenly I got an inspiration for a television serial concept. A serial based on true psychiatric case studies.
This happened 30 years back. At that time India had only one state owned television channel. And the competition to get your serial approved was tough. I prepared my proposal and mailed it to Doordarshan (the public service broadcaster founded by the Government of India). And forgot about it. But three months later got a letter from Doordarshan that my concept has been approved under “commissioned programs” category. Meaning Doordarshan would be funding it and telecast in the reserved slot. I produced & directed the serial title “Sanjeevani” (Based on true psychiatric case studies). The serial was well received.
I switched over from a career in advertising & marketing to start a corporate film production company.
It has been an exciting journey. As a script writer I got an opportunity to learn various topics. Jewelry branding, Pre-school marketing, Diabetes management, Dairy farming, Fish & Prawn farming, engineering products, software products...
My company produced many short story based animated videos for training & briefing. That inspired me to start an OTT channel sftvideos It will have a library of 90 sec, story based, animated videos. Stories based on management parables, moral parables and Bollywood dialogues.(It is still work in progress)
I have authored a self help book “Wake up. Don’t be a Rip Van Winkle”. (Available on Amazon Kindle)
When I working on my OTT channel I started reading on the science of storytelling. The psychology & neuroscience.
In 2020 my company produced a videos series on “Storytelling in Business” for Dr. Vivek Bindra’s Bada Business group.
I have had a roller coaster of a journey. With many highs & lows. Which set me question myself “why did I behave in a particular way””Why did I take that particular decision”.
The self analysis inspired me to come up with a Udemy Course “Learn Decision Making Using Parables”.
This course is one of its kind since no other decision making course uses parable to teach.
This is a genuine attempt on my part to give back to society. Because I realized one thing many of my decision irrevocably changed my life. Decision to leave a good job and start on my own. Decision to marry someone. Decision to limit myself to corporate video production and not get into television serial production. And many more. But neither in my school, college or even during my MBA I have formally learnt the process of decision making.
Maybe I could have minimized the many lows. Instead of a roller coaster my life could have zoomed ahead in an express highway.
Kedar Bhole is Founder & Director of Charge Up Life, an accomplished company focused on inducing a habit of regular Marketing for entrepreneurs. A passionate coach, Kedar has trained over 2000 business owners so far.
He is also the Founder of Pristinus Interior Solutions LLP a company which excels in doing high end interior works. His projects have been published in leading interior design magazines.
He is also the President and partner at another training company, Success Habits Academy through which he has conducted trainings in 7 different cities across India for entrepreneurs.
In addition, Kedar Bhole is the Director Consultant for Trainings in BNI Mumbai, and a National trainer for BNI India conducting trainings in BNI to help entrepreneurs grow business and gain more referrals since November 2013.
He is also a Professor on Bada Business platform (having 1 million users) where you can find his course, “Storytelling in Business”.
He has transformed audiences at various events, gatherings, conferences, trainings, etc. in the corporate world.
Kedar Bhole’s extensive leadership experiences provide entrepreneurs with an energizing, trusting, and safe environment to become laser-focused on optimal results. His training is a simplified package of remarkable experience with strategic business solutions and resources to produce transformational results. He is a speaker and an ecstatic storyteller, who inspires people to overcome mental obstacles and establish an ethical foundation for Entrepreneurship, business, and life.
"Light yourself up with your passion
People will come miles to watch you shine.”
Help One Million Entrepreneurs to attract more customers, express themselves fully and have a smile on their face.