Data Visualization in Tableau & Power BI (2 Courses in 1)
What you'll learn
- Install and use Tableau and Power BI
- Understand Data Visualization
- Create different types of diagrams and charts, such as Maps, Bar-charts and more
- Learn all types of data joins and how to use them in your diagrams
- Create calculated columns in Tableau and Power BI Desktop
- Create dual Axis charts in Tableau
- Create and use Table Calculation in Tableau
- Learn Data Preparation, such as: converting data types, split columns, converting measures to dimensions and more
- Work with time series data and understand granularity
- Connect to varied formats of data sources like XLS, CSV, JSON and more
- Deal with Geographical data and fix any issues with them
- Learn to use analytical tools in Tableau and Power BI Desktop
- Learn to use Data Blending in diagrams
- Create filters to focus on specific parts of data in charts and diagrams
- Create interactive dashboards and stories
- Basic knowledge of using computer operating system
You will find in this course all what you need to learn about creating powerful diagrams and practicing data analytics. You will learn how to create many insightful charts from varied datasets that cover several business problems. First, you will learn about data visualization, installing Tableau and use main menus and functions. You will learn, also, how to connect to different data sources and formats and make the necessary data preparation to create interactive diagrams and charts. After that, you will learn more advanced features, such as: data joins and blending, calculated fields, dual axis, table calculation and more. You will learn how to use the advanced analytical functions in Tableau in your charts and diagrams.
Converting raw data to insightful diagrams and charts to make informative decisions is a crucial analytical skill in data science. You will learn in this course how to create insightful and powerful charts and perform data analysis. First, you will understand data visualization, and why data visualization. After that you will understand Power BI services and the use of each of them. After you became familiar with these services you will learn how to install and navigate in Power BI Desktop. After that, you will learn how to use the advanced functions in Power BI Editor in data preparation and cleaning. You will learn appending and merging datasets to create one dataset. After that you will learn how to turn your datasets into insightful charts using many powerful functions. You will learn how to filter your data according to your business requirements. You will learn how to create measures and calculated columns for your own data analysis. You will have an introduction to DAX language where you can learn how to create new tables and columns according to your needs. After that you will learn how to take your projects in the Cloud where you can work with other users. You will learn how use Power BI Pro interface to create, edit and share reports with others.
Who this course is for:
- All those that need to learn Data Visualization for data analysis and business analysis
My name is Abraham Joudah
I have worked in IT and Data Science for more than 15 years. After completed my bachelor’s in computer science, I worked as Database Administrator in one of the engineering companies. I have obtained several certificates from Microsoft like MCSE, MCDBA and MCSA. After several years of working in IT, I started focusing on Data Science field and learning SQL in depth to enhance my business data analysis skills. I also worked as Data Analyst in several companies. Over several years of working in this field I mastered several analytical tools, such as: R, SAS, SQL, Tableau, and Excel. As I enjoy working at data science field I pursued my study in this major and obtained my Master’s degree in Business Analytics from the University of North Texas.
I love teaching Data Science, So I decided to create several courses in this field to share my knowledge with others. I tried to be more practical in my classes rather than repeating the same materials and curriculums in this field. I used materials based on real business scenarios to provide practical knowledge for students. I focused on examples from real business. In other words, I created shortcuts for learners to gain practical experience while studying my courses.