Learn Data Science with Python - Part 1: Python Basics
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to setup a Python development environment using Anaconda & Jupyter Notebooks
- How to get started with Jupyter Notebooks for Python development
- Learn to basic Python concepts such as creating and running your first program
- Learn to use Python in lists, which is the first step to efficiently working with huge amounts of data.
- Learn how to use code written by other Python developers
- Learn to use Python NumPy package which is the entry knowledge to becoming a data scientist
- Some basic programming experience would be helpful but not essential to getting started
Welcome to Learning Data Science with Python. This is part 1 of a learning series that will guide you step by step on your journey to becoming a data scientist.
My name is Tony Staunton and I have thought over 20,000 online students how to program using Python and I am thrilled that you have decided to become one of them.
I have over 10 years experience working as Python programmer and 4 years experience teaching online.
If you didn’t already know it, data science is a terrific skill to master and a great career choice. A recent survey by the online recruitment firm Glassdoor found that becoming a Data scientist is one of the top career paths in the United States. The survey also found that data science graduates earn an average base salary of $95,000. As an entry level salary that’s even higher than a Wall Street analyst.
This class is going to introduce you to Python for data science. It will start off by helping you to install the Python via the Anaconda development environment, then we’ll take a whistle stop tour of the Program that you will be using to write your code, Jupyter Notebooks. When you’re ready to start writing code we will explore the:
Pythons functions and packages
This class is part 1 of a learning series that I have designed to teach you data science with Python. After you complete this class you can move on to part 2 and 3 and 4 and so on or any part that you feel might be related to an area of data science that you are interested in.
All code in this class is written using Jupyter Notebooks (but any IDE will work). Jupyter Notebook is a tool used by developers all over the world for various data science tasks. Just why it is so popular is something that you will understand once you start the class.
This class is designed to teach you the foundations of data science using Python in bite-sized, easy to understand lessons which you can watch anytime, anywhere. Each lesson has an accompany code file which you can download for free to help increase your learning and use as reference tool in the future.
By the end of this class you will have take a major step forward in your quest to becoming a data scientist. You will have learned, understood and implemented the basic techniques used by real world industry
Data scientists. The topics you will learn and master are what any successful technologist absolutely needs to know.
So, what are you waiting for? Enroll today and join me on this journey.
- Beginner Python students who are curious about data science
- Experience Python developers looking to leverage their knowledge to learn data science