Learn C++ for Game Development
- 12.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able to start programming in Unreal Engine with C++ without being intimidated by its advanced techniques.
- Students will have a solid understanding of C++ basics.
- Students will learn both theory and practice with classroom style whiteboard talks, and lab style hands-on programming sessions.
This is a brief intro to my course, explaining what you will learn, and how the material will be taught. You will learn the basics of C++, starting from being an absolute beginner with no experience to actually writing your own C++ programs! You'll be well on your way to programming video games in Unreal Engine!
To program in C++, you must have an IDE (Integrated Development Environment). We will learn all about how to use one in this series!
Do you have a Mac? No problem! Use the link below to download XCode (the Mac version of an IDE you can use).
We begin by creating our first Visual Studio project and source file. We create our first program which sends text to the screen.
We finally put our skills to use with a simple if statement! Creating conditions in your code adds power to the program.
We dive in and create some branches in logic using the else if statement.
- No programming experience necessary. Must have a computer and internet.
- Visual Studio Community is used (the free version) and students will not need to purchase any software.
There are many C++ tutorials for Unreal Engine or other game engines out there, but most just assume you have a solid background in C++, or they cover the basics quickly. This is because Unreal Engine C++ is already too complicated to cover learning an entire programming language plus Unreal Engine programming in a single course. This course is designed to teach you C++ from the ground up, starting at absolute beginner level content and working up to advanced level techniques. This course will prepare you for programming video games in Unreal Engine, Cryengine, Lumberyard, or any game engine. Unreal Engine is not used in this course. This is a course on the basics of C++.
- Anyone who wishes to program video games in Unreal Engine but does not yet know how to code in C++.
- Beginners with no programming experience, or programmers who wish to brush up on the basics of C++.
- Those who want to become video game programmers and gain a solid understanding of C++.
- Anyone who wishes to learn programming in C++.