Learn C++ for Game Development
What you'll learn
- Students will be able to start programming in Unreal Engine with C++ without being intimidated by its advanced techniques.
- Students will have a solid understanding of C++ basics.
- Students will learn both theory and practice with classroom style whiteboard talks, and lab style hands-on programming sessions.
- No programming experience necessary. Must have a computer and internet.
- Visual Studio Community is used (the free version) and students will not need to purchase any software.
There are many C++ tutorials for Unreal Engine or other game engines out there, but most just assume you have a solid background in C++, or they cover the basics quickly. This is because Unreal Engine C++ is already too complicated to cover learning an entire programming language plus Unreal Engine programming in a single course. This course is designed to teach you C++ from the ground up, starting at absolute beginner level content and working up to advanced level techniques. This course will prepare you for programming video games in Unreal Engine, Cryengine, Lumberyard, or any game engine. Unreal Engine is not used in this course. This is a course on the basics of C++.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wishes to program video games in Unreal Engine but does not yet know how to code in C++.
- Beginners with no programming experience, or programmers who wish to brush up on the basics of C++.
- Those who want to become video game programmers and gain a solid understanding of C++.
- Anyone who wishes to learn programming in C++.
When I earned my bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, I was exposed to the world of programming. I was instantly hooked. I have a passion for game development and a love for creative problem-solving. I have written and self-published a science fiction novel and love all things creative. I have experience assisting and tutoring in engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry, and programming.
I have since gained professional industry experience in the world of surgical simulations. It is extremely rewarding and my passion is to pass on my knowledge so others can achieve a highly engaging and fun career as I have!
I enjoy biking, drawing, 3D-design, and procedural generation in video games. I am currently teaching how to implement algorithms such as procedurally-generated level creation techniques on my YouTube page: Druid Mechanics.
I have also written a book on Unreal Engine C++, available on Amazon, titled: Unreal Engine C++ The Ultimate Developers Handbook.