Learn CLO3D Fashion: Masterclass (Intermediate to Advanced)
What you'll learn
- Work in a 2D and 3D design visualization environment
- Transform parametric pattern blocks into new garment styles
- Express elaborated design details of garments such as smocking, scalloped edges, fullness and pipin
- Learn about different ways of creating engaging animation and video
- Record various avatar animations using Adobe Mixamo’s 3D/AR tools
- Apply specialized textures and HDRI environments using Blender kit addon.
- Learn and attach accessories on Avatar's body
- Understand and create different CLO3D maps using Normalmap Online and Pixplant
- Access to a computer capable of running ClO3D and three button mouse with a scrolling wheel.
- Know little bit about basic tools of CLO3D software
- The students will need patternmaking and garment construction experience.
Dive into the most advanced 3D fashion design course from intermediate to advance. Learn 3D fashion software like CLO3D/marvelous designer, Blender, Animation, Avatar skin replacement, Mixamo, and parametric pattern making.
This course covers CLO’s and Blender's advanced virtual garment visualization tools and skills for fashion design development and presentation. You will learn the essential skills you need to become an expert 3D designer using CLO. How to create and express more various and intricate garments will be learned throughout this course. In addition to the creation of virtual garments, you will create elaborated 3D virtual environments including turntable, textures from blender, adding motion from Mixamo, and runway show stages incorporating photo-realistic rendered images and various animations. This course will take you from having basic knowledge of clo3D to an advanced level by incorporating rendering and textures effects from Blender and Mixamo. By end of this course, you will be able to
Work in a 2D and 3D design visualization environment
Learn advanced tools such as tack tool, pin box tool, set-sublayer tool, etc.
Transform parametric pattern blocks into new garment styles
Express elaborated design details of garments such as smocking, flowers, scalloped edges, fullness, and piping, etc.
Apply specialized textures and HDRI environments using the Blender kit addon.
Record various avatar animations using Adobe Mixamo’s 3D/AR tools
Create a custom-made background in CLO3D and render high-quality images
Attach accessories such as earrings, necklaces, etc.
I have added a lot of resources to this course, so you can follow along with me in the videos, and there are some activities for skill assessment and activity review videos to practice the skills you have learned. So, if you have no time to waste and have basic knowledge of CLO3D, this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- People with basic CLO3D experience, who wish to learn advanced virtual garment visualization tools and skills in CLO3D for fashion design development and presentation
- People who wish to learn about advanced 3D fashion with integration of CLO3D and Blender
Dr. Mamta Saharan has almost five years of teaching experience in textiles, apparel, and fashion. Currently, she is an Assistant Professor of Fashion and Textile Technology at SUNY Buffalo State University, Buffalo, NY. Her research thrust includes emerging 2D and 3D technologies for sustainable product development in the fast-paced fashion industry. She has certification in CLO3D and Browzwear from the Fashion Institute of Technology, New York. She grew up mostly in India and moved to the United States in 2018. At a very young age, she knew fashion has a language. To explore this language, Dr. Saharan received a Ph.D. in Apparel and Textile Science specializing in Fashion Design from Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana (India), in 2018. A series of scholarships and awards funded her undergraduate and graduate studies. She was honored with a Gold medal (Summa cum Laude) at the university for her excellent performance during her bachelor's degree. Mamta believes that the fashion industry needs to address the social, ethical, environmental, and economic realms of the world for long-term sustenance in the industry while continuing to serve the goal of human satisfaction.