Learn clear English conversation for better communication!
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to use the phrases the locals use - these are not in the usual books
- How to have fun communicating better with other English speakers
- This course will give you advanced pronounciation skills and help you impress potential companies when you seek work or business with fellow English speakers
- Travelling becomes easier using your new skills
- That you could get a better job or do better in business communication by learning how to pronounce English better than you already can.
- You should be able to speak reasonable English and have the desire to improve
- Please don't take this course if you cannot speak English already
This course is for English speakers who want to improve their conversation, clarity, accent, communication skills, pronunciation and phrasing when speaking English.
THIS IS NOT A 'LEARN ENGLISH' COURSE.
NO, IT IS A TALKING, LISTENING AND COPYING COURSE.
You will listen to me, copy me and talk with me trying to make similar sounds to me.
This way you will understand how English sounds when spoken by a native with a neutral or 'non-geographic' accent.
The learning takes place as you listen and speak. It's a gentle process - a conversation, not a strict educational series of lessons.
One student said 'thanks for your effort but i dont benefit from the live confersation because it is boring and repeating the same sentence.' PLEASE note that this course IS about repeating the same phrase so don't take the course if you don't like repeating phrases.
Please don't enrol if you are looking for language lessons, this is a conversation.
PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN CHANGE THE SPEED OF PLAYBACK ON UDEMY SO IF IT'S TOO FAST OR TOO SLOW FOR YOU PLEASE ALTER THE SPEED TO SUIT YOU BEST.
I'll show you things that are not in the normal books!
But first let me tell you there is a 30-day money back guarantee so there's no risk. If you don't like the course I'll refund every penny without question.
This is backed up by Udemy.
Why take this course? Communicating better will surely...
- get you a better job
- help you do better in business
- help in social setting especially when you travel
- help you be understood better
- allow you to get closer to local people through language
- how to speak fluent 'everyday English'
But I'm NOT teaching you English language as such because you can already speak English.
I'll show you which part of the word to emphasise, when to go up or down in pitch, how to pronounce words better, and many other communication tricks to help you engage your listener and get them to trust what you say.
What's in it for you?
- Hopefully they will offer you that well-paid job or contract you are seeking
- Your business will work better with improved communication
- You will have more fun travelling with better English
- You will be understood better
- You will get to know people better with higher skills
This course is probably NOT for native speakers of English who have lived for generations in the US, UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or any other naturally English speaking country - unless you feel you wish to change/reduce your accent!
But I guess if you wanted to change the way you speak for any reason you would have already done it.
This communication and pronunciation course is for people who can speak English already. If you don't yet speak English please go and learn first then return here for the finishing touches.
It is for people who want a job or to do business that needs good spoken English to help you progress.
For example, if you wanted to work for Google Analytics and you live in New Delhi this course is perfect for you. I recently had to speak to two guys on a certain helpline; the first had such a strong accent I could not understand what he was telling me so I had to ring off and try again with someone different who had a much clearer accent and I could work with him.
I didn’t report this but some people would have and the guy with the heavy accent might have had a tough time, I don’t know.
If you speak English as a second language and need to communicate well with a buyer in the US or the UK, the deciding factor could be your accent as you speak English - a potential client may be put off if they find it hard to understand what you are saying.
I have a French friend who always apologises for his accent when he speaks English. He is embarrassed about his accent and many people can’t understand him – except on email!
Another example - I buy harmonicas from Shanghai and the two factories I buy from each have a contact I speak to. They both speak good English but one has a very strong Chinese accent and the other doesn't.
I buy twice as many harmonicas from the guy with not much accent because I feel I can work with him and get what I need better.
When the order comes in it is what I ordered - but the order from the other guy usually is not what I think I ordered. That is why you might do better if your accent is improved.
Or if you want to become a member of air crew on Virgin Atlantic/Jetstar Airlines or whatever you would stand a better chance of landing the job if you had very clear English I believe.
So come and join me and see if it works for you.
- Great way to learn how to actually speak in a way that is is understandable to English native speakers . The very clear emphasis on pronunciation and the actual mouth movements is very helpful
- the course is good for anyone do not know anything about language .. i hope there will be extra courses in high levels
- I thought it was very helpful, showing so many different ways of saying things. it was very clear and easy to follow.
- Very interesting approach to pronouncing good english for people who know grammar and vocabulary etc but who may not yet have a facility with sounds ( as their own language sounds so very different )
- Fabulous course, very helpful for everyone wanting to hear the sound of each word more clearly and to be able to say each word, in a way that is easily understood. Ben makes it fun, he uses a slow delivery so that it is easy to follow and encourages you to keep repeating the words. He uses phases that are used in everyday life, in the Uk. He helps you to understand the different meanings of the same word, depending on how you say it.
- Enjoyed the course very much and would definitely recommend it - the teacher was engaging and personable and very clear
- It was useful and interesting.I like it.
- Great course. Very clear and nice demonstrations on how the words sound. The pace is good and easy to follow. Very useful.
- The video isn't a lesson.
- not useful
If you are the copyright holder of anything you find in this course and would like it removed please contact email@example.com or call 07073 284366
- This course is for English speakers who want to improve their accent, pronunciation and phrasing when speaking English
- This is for you if you would like to talk with me, listen to me repeating my phrases and copy my sounds