Learn Cinema 4D - Create Abstract 3D Design Elements
What you'll learn
- Learn how to make 3d elements in Cinema 4D that are great for adding color and flow to any design, such as screen wallpapers and more
- Learn the fundamentals of Cinema 4D with a hands-on, project-based approach
- Learn a flexible procedural workflow that allows you to create a variety of shapes and designs with ease
- Any version of Cinema 4D R16 and up (Prime, Broadcast, Visualize or Studio)
- A copy of Adobe After Effects, preferably CC(Creative Cloud)
In this course, you’ll learn how to create abstract 3D design elements. And by doing that you’ll also learn the fundamentals of working with Cinema 4D, and with 3D in general.
We learn best by doing, so this is a hands-on, project-based course.
We're going to work through 4 fun projects from start to finish. We will create everything within Cinema 4D and won't use and pre-made elements.
We will use a procedural workflow that doesn’t require modeling. That means that all settings remain editable and we can change the entire look by just adjusting a few sliders. It makes the whole process of creating and experimenting fun, flexible and powerful.
The design elements we’ll create are well-suited for either a 3D or a 2D workflow.
We’ll cover the fundamental concepts in the first project. And then we’ll build upon what we learned in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th projects.
We’ll reiterate the most important aspects for a deeper understanding and add new skills and techniques as we progress.
Here’s a glimpse of what we’ll cover
• Working with parametric objects
• Exploring how geometry and complexity affect the appearance of objects
• Working with deformers
• Looking at how displacement works and how to optimize for best result
• Working with the noise shader
• Making complex shaders by using the layer shader
• Lighting a scene with 3-point lighting
• Working with cameras
• Creating materials
• Rendering with the Physical and the Standard Renderer
• Making a seamless loop animation
• Color grading and post-effects in Adobe After Effects
Udemy offers a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee. So if you for any reason at all find that the course wasn’t for you, you can get a full refund.
However, I think, and hope, you’ll find this to be an efficient and fun training to get started with Cinema 4D.
Go ahead and enroll, and I’ll see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for Cinema 4D beginners
- It's perfect for After Effects users who want to add 3D skills to their toolset
- It's also a good fit for graphic designers who want to include 3D elements in their work
Jesper Sandell is a digital 3D designer at Velocitypeak, with over 15 years of experience in multiple disciplines of design. Furthermore, he has been a trainer in design and software skills for the last thirteen years or so. The primary areas of work have been in motion graphics and graphic design.
The last few years, Jesper has focused on 3D design with Cinema 4D as the tool of choice.
Outside of the world of design, one of his interests is in science and studies about the brain and how we improve and learn.