Cartoon Character Design for Animation
What you'll learn
- Draw cartoon characters in the style of modern cartoon shows.
- Learn the tools, methods and techniques to create atractive characters entirely in Inkscape.
- Take an in depth look at Inkscape for illustration.
- Learn vector illustration techniques.
- Just loving cartoons! and the free, open source program, Inkscape
In this course you'll learn everything you need, from the ground up, to create the type of cartoon characters you see in modern tv shows like Dexter's Lab, Fairly Odd Parents and My Little Pony. All by using the free, open source program Inkscape, and the mouse.
First you'll learn Inkscape for illustration, we'll take a complete and in depth view at the program and by the end of the first unit, you'll be able to draw not just what will be in this course, but anything you want!.
Then we'll delve into the character design part of the course with the head. You'll learn to draw the most common head features you see in cartoon shows in step by step lessons, and to finish the unit, you'll apply the principles of character design to be able to build nice looking heads always.
Next will be the body unit, where you'll learn to draw any type of cartoon body, as well as the best methods and techniques so you can create any character easily by taking advantage of the features of Inkscape.
And finally you'll learn how to make the characters nice looking by applying line, color and light and shadows.
All the while you'll be learning the principles of character design as well as how to apply them practically by making five different characters, all in step by step, commented, real time videos.
No previous artistic experience needed!. No previous vector software experience needed!. No drawing tablet needed!.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to learn to draw characters
- Vector artists who want to learn to draw characters entirely in Inkscape
- Experimented artists who want to learn a new workflow for characters
- Inkscape users who want to test the illustration capabilities of the software
Ever since i have memory i've been a huge cartoon fan, from the old disney movies to modern anime. So as soon as i got my hands arounds software to create art i got to work on it. I believe pure vector illustration (especially for cartoons) should be more popular amongst artists, so hopefully my courses will help artist to discover it.