Learn C#: Make a Databased App with Entity Framework
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course you will be able to define and build an SQL database using only C# code. No database development required!
- Perform CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, Delete) on entities using C# code.
- Handle entity changes using Code First Migrations.
- For the majority of the course, we will do absolutely no database development! However, we will show how to call custom SQL statements if you need to.
- A basic knowledge of C# and Visual Studio.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, 2013 or later is required. We show how to install Visual Studio Express if you don't already have it.
In this course you will learn how to create a simple C# application using Microsoft Visual Studio that creates and connects to an SQL Database with the Entity Framework*, with no database development required!
We will use Code First development principals to define all database tables and columns using only C# code.
All database tables and columns will be generated automatically from the C# code without the need to edit the database directly. As such we will be doing no database development (except for a section on calling SQL statements directly if you need to).
All source code is included as a Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 project so you can get up and running straight away.
Thank you for choosing this course and we look forward to viewing your positive reviews and feedback.
MPire Solutions Pty Ltd
* Note: The Entity Framework is Microsofts' newest data access technology, and Code First allows us to create database driven applications using only C# code, with no database development required!
Who this course is for:
- This course is recommended for C# developers who want to learn how to use the latest Microsoft .Net database technologies.
- Students should have at least a basic knowledge of C# and Visual Studio.
- While much of the code is simple C#, this course is specifically about Entity Framework Code First and is NOT an introduction to C# or building an application with C#.
We offer a variety of services which range from training in all kinds of industries and marketing strategies to assist businesses to prosper online.
We have over 20 years experience in the IT industry which consist of website design, Microsoft .Net programming, Database development, Online Marketing and Training.