Learn By Example: PHP For Dynamic Websites
What you'll learn
- Apply advanced constructs such as cookies, sessions and object oriented programming correctly
- Mitigate basic web security risks by sanitizing and validating user input
- Build a robust login authentication system using MySQL to allow users to sign up and log into your site
- Harness the power of programming to build intelligent, interactive and personalized web sites
- No prior programming experience needed, this course starts at zero
- A little basic HTML, CSS and SQL will be helpful for some of the examples - not really required though!
Super-practical PHP: Learn, by example, how to build a smart website with cookies, sessions, login authentication, MySQL integration, Object Oriented PHP and lots more!
Let's parse that.
- This course is super-practical: packed with knowledge you can put to use right away, while still giving you a good foundational understanding of web programming, not just PHP.
- Its about building smart websites: these days, its not OK for a website just to look snappy - login, cookies and sessions are considered necessities, not luxuries anymore
- In this course, we will learn by example. Each example is self-contained, has its source code attached, and gets across a specific PHP use-case. Each example is simple by itself, but they come together as building blocks to build complex use cases.
What's included in this course:
- Installing and setting up a basic web server with PHP
- Web security basics: validating and sanitizing user input data. Web forms, mitigating XSS and XSRF attacks
- MySQL Integration and Installation: Connecting to a database, running queries, processing results, prepared statements. Easy integration with MySQL so it's dead simple to work with databases for permanent data storage
- Cookies, Sessions and the differences between them, using sessions without cookies
- End to end login authentication
- Object oriented PHP, classes, inheritance, polymorphism
- GET, POST and other superglobals
Who this course is for:
- YEP! Students who are looking to use the power of programming to build dynamic web sites
- YEP! Students who are looking to get into the nitty gritty of advanced PHP constructs such as cookies, sessions and object oriented programming
Loonycorn is us, Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan. Between us, we have studied at Stanford, been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad and have spent years working in tech, in the Bay Area, New York, Singapore and Bangalore.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
We think we might have hit upon a neat way of teaching complicated tech courses in a funny, practical, engaging way, which is why we are so excited to be here on Udemy!
We hope you will try our offerings, and think you'll like them :-)