Learn By Example: jQuery
What you'll learn
- Use jQuery with ease to add styles, animations, Ajax support and more to their websites
- Use custom plugins to add common components to sites rather than re-inventing the wheel
- Build their own stateless and stateful custom plugins in jQuery
- Work with the jQuery UI library including the theme roller
NOTE: This course uses jQuery 3.1.0 and jQuery UI 1.12.1
jQuery takes the most common operations that you would want to perform on your website and allows you to accomplish it in one line of code. Learn jQuery by example: from basic building blocks to developing your own custom plugins!
Let's parse that.
- Accomplish stuff with one line of code: jQuery makes common stuff super simple. Select all paragraphs on a page? One line of code. Style all headers under the container <div> with a yellow highlight? One line of code. Animate all the ball widgets such that they bounce and move around the screen? One line of code
- Basic building blocks to custom plugins: The course starts with basic principles which form the backbone of jQuery. Selectors, working with events, applying styles and animations, DOM manipulations, Ajax requests, using custom plugins etc. The later part of the course shows you can roll your own stateless and stateful plugins using the $.fn object and the widget factory.
- In this course, we will learn by example. Each example is self-contained, has its source code attached, and gets across a specific jQuery use-case. Each example is simple by itself, but they come together as building blocks to build complex use cases.
What's included in this course:
- Installing and setting up a basic web server with jQuery and jQuery UI libraries
- jQuery basics: Selectors, selector functions, mouse and key event handlers, CSS animations and styles, the animate() function, appending and editing DOM elements, Ajax requests
- jQuery in-depth: Advanced selectors, event propagation, event capture and bubble phases, how animations work, custom animation queues and bypassing the queues, performance tips and tricks
- jQuery plugins: Using custom plugins, developing a stateless plugin using the $.fn object, stateful plugins using the Widget Factory, jQuery UI components and the jQuery UI theme roller
Who this course is for:
Loonycorn is us, Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan. Between us, we have studied at Stanford, been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad and have spent years working in tech, in the Bay Area, New York, Singapore and Bangalore.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
We think we might have hit upon a neat way of teaching complicated tech courses in a funny, practical, engaging way, which is why we are so excited to be here on Udemy!
We hope you will try our offerings, and think you'll like them :-)