Learn Blender & Octane Render by creating an arctic concept
- Students will benefit from having basic understanding of how to navigate the Blender interface
- A Basic understanding of computer graphics and terminology (bitmaps, polygons)
- A Basic understanding of computer operations (navigating operating system, major system components)
This course is designed for people that want to develop their Blender and OctaneRender skills to create beautiful images - fast! In this course we build our scene models from scratch, then texture, light and post process our scene to achieve the feature image shown for this course. This course focuses on giving you artist friendly techniques to either bolster your toolkit as artists, and if you are at the beginning of your journey, help you discover if 3D graphics is perhaps the career for you.
The software and hardware required to complete this course are listed below:
- A modern computer (Mac or PC).
- An nVidia Graphics card (ideally greater than 2GB).
- OctaneRender 3 or greater.
- A graphics tablet is recommended but not essential.
This is a specially built course to quickly get you up to speed with techniques that will enable you to explore different looks and landscapes quickly, while still delivering a polished product.
Check out the preview videos to learn more.
I look forward to seeing you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Students and digital artists who want to develop competency in Blender and OctaneRender
- People interested learning more about becoming a 3D artist
- 01:21Projects Requirements
- 01:10Units Setup
- 02:40Sculpting Predictably
- 00:47Preparing to Sculpt
- 04:01Sculpting Major Forms
- 03:58Refining Major Forms
- 02:19Creating A Water Model
- 04:20Sculpting a Water Channel
- 07:37Sculpting the Background Forms
- 02:57Refining the Background Sculpt
- 02:05Creating a Model for the Sky
- 01:03Export Preparation Checklist
- 00:48Export Preparation 1
- 00:40UV Mapping Explained
- 02:15UV Unwrapping
- 01:25Applying Materials
- 01:01Export the Scene
Bachtiar completed his BA (Hons) in 3D in 2005, and has worked in visualisation and effects since 2004, completing work for BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Chevron and Lainge O'Rourke as well a number of advertising, interactive and TV clients.
When he has free time, he's building games focusing on art assets. Geographically, he lives in Perth, Australia, where he enjoys playing basketball, drinking coffee and hoping for an ice age - so that he can snowboard out of the front door to get more coffee.