Learn Blender 3D - The introduction course
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create models with basic skills
- Use the blender interface
- Use the most common modifiers to enhance their models
- Apply materials to an object and change the color and specular reflection of that material
- create a simple animation with the help of the timeline and render an image
- blender 3d for pc windows, linux or mac
Interested in getting into 3D modelling but don't know where to start? don't worry, because this is the course to get you started on your journey in 3D graphic design. Blender 3D is an open source 3D modelling software that is free to download and use for anybody and everybody.
My name is Joe Baily and I am a 3D artist and have been using blender for several years as well as 2D software such as gimp and krita. This course has been created to act as the key that will open the door to an entire new skill set for you in the world of 3D modelling.
Reviews from current students
"Its really good to get the basics and you're pretty much ready to do stuff after. =D"
"Great first course for how to use Blender. It gives a very high level overview of the capabilities of the tool and is paced just right. I would recommend this course to anyone who hasn't used Blender before. Nicely done!"
This course will focus on all of the core aspects of the software and how to get you started in using blender in as little as two hours or less. The course will act as an introduction to the following topics:
The Interface - How to use blenders panel based UI
Modelling - Creating models from basic objects such as a simple cube
Modifiers - Using modifiers as modelling shortcuts to get the desired results in a short space of time
Materials - Apply materials to objects to change their appearance and how the surfaces of an object react to light
Animation - Using keyframes and blenders timeline to create a simple animation with an object.
- Absolute beginners who have yet to start using blender
- Not for those who already have a basic understanding of how blender works
- If you can already meet the course goals before taking the course, then the course may not be for you
- A great starting point for those who want to get into 3d modelling or animation