Learn Basic DB2 on Mainframe for Beginners
- You have a Mainframe connection or a Mainframe Id to practice DB2
- You must know basic TSO/ISPF commands.
This Course is NOT a DB2 DBA COURSE and is not related to Database administration.
The Course provides the basic introduction to DB2 and trains on the DML operations on
Mainframe. Most of the DDL operations on DB2 are carried out by DB2 DBA and this course
gives a brief introduction of DDL operations which Mainframe Developer should be aware of.
Why should I Learn DB2 on Mainframe?
- Most of the projects on IBM Mainframe requires DB2 Knowledge.
- Most of the Projects uses COBOL DB2 Programs.
- If you know DB2 , it adds value to your career and resume.
Is this Course for DB2 DBA?
No, this Course is for Developers who work on IBM Mainframe. This Course covers major DDL operations from developers point of view(not DBA's Point of view). Major DML operations are also covered. Please do not worry, if you do not know what is DDL and what is DML. This is covered in the course.
Which topics are covered in this Course?
- This Course Covers all DML operations for Mainframe Developers.
- Students will get trained on how to create a table, view and index.
- The Course teaches you - How to Insert records into table, update records, select the records from the table
- Anyone who wants to learn DB2 on Mainframe can enroll for this course.
- Introduction to DB202:23
- Types of Operations in DB205:06
- Hierarchy of DB205:17
- Data Types in DB207:25
- Create a Table in DB211:31
- Create a View05:54
- Alter a Table05:38
- Drop a Table03:18
- Insert Records in table13:01
- Select record from Table - Part109:06
- Select record from Table - Part207:31
- Select Record From Table - Part311:47
- Select Record From Table - Part402:50
- Select Record From Table - Part502:46
- Update a Table04:23
- Delete Records from table03:17
- Bonus Lesson: Let us stay connected00:34
Currently, i am the Founder of a Training company in India which provides online training on multiple IT and Non-IT related courses.
Before starting my career as an Instructor, I have worked for all types of projects like Development, Maintenance and Support projects. In my career, i have worked on Mainframe with Java, Mainframe with Perl(Regular Expressions), Mainframe with PHP, Mainframe with Unix and so on. I worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies of the world including Fortune 1 company of the world which is a major retail giant in USA. When i was working for them, I was part of the team which use to monitor more than 5000 stores across the world using Mainframe technology.
I used Mainframe in various sectors like Retail, Insurance, Banking and Share market. I have worked on many projects end to end. I am also an experienced person in Website Development as well.
I am an Expert on Mainframe(TSO/ISPF, JCL, VSAM, Cobol, DB2, CICS, IMS, PL1). Along with Mainframe, I am an IT consultant for Big Data, Cloud Computing, Complete Web Development(Java, PHP and much more)
I know 3 major language - English, French and Hindi. I have taught multiple students on French as well.