Basic Carnatic Music - Level 2
What you'll learn
- At the end of the course, students will be able to understand the position of each swara in Arohana and Avarohana.
- This course solves the problem of singing in low pitch and high pitch.
- Increases the melody in your song
- Understand various beats/Taala used in Carnatic Music
- Preferably purchase a shruthi box or download shruthi/tampura app on your smartphone. More on Shruthi and the instrument is explained in Lecture 3 of Learn Basic Carnatic Music - Level 1
This course details the aspects related to positioning of swaras in Carnatic music and to sing low and high pitch with ease. Those interested in honing their singing skills can take up this course. Introduction and detailed practice to 7 Taalas in Carnatic Music is included in this course. Videos on how to sing the higher and lower octave and types of beats/Taala are covered in detail in this course. Textual content for each of the lectures is included under each section. This course is suitable for those who have either taken up Basic Carnatic Music - Level 1 on Udemy or have basic knowledge of Taala, Shruti and Laya. Saptataala covered in this course gives a better understanding of usage of beats and rythm. This course helps in Identifying the right pitch for your voice. Usage of voice for lower and higher octave strengthens the quality and gives more clarity and ease in singing any kind of song without getting shrieky while singing higher octave and going inaudible while singing lower octave swaras/songs. Textual content is downloadable that comes handy in practicing the lessons at anytime. This course is best suitable for adults, Kids and those interested in pursuing their music learning who have basis understanding of Indian classical music concepts.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those who have successfully completed Learn Basic Carnatic Music - Level 1
- This course is for those who would like to brush up their basics in Carnatic music
- Not for those who are looking for advanced levels
I am a music professional and have been training kids and adults for more than 15 years. Have been trained on Indian classical music both Carnatic and Hindustani since the age of 5 and music has been my passion since then. Have specialized in Bhajans/Devotional songs and Light music too.