Learn Bash Shell in Linux for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Learn Using Scripts to Automate Tasks
- Control the Execution of the Script
- Any Linux Based Operating System
- Knowledge of any Command Line is Helpful, but Not Necessary
This course teaches beginning Linux shell scripting in the Bash shell. The emphasis in the course is on the scripting language itself: using scripts to automate common tasks, and the logic within the language used to control the execution of the script.
The course is in two units, and contains over an hour of demos and discussion. This is the second part of the Linux course series from EDUMobile Academy.
In the first unit of the course, we’ll explore the shell environment itself, and cover such topics as:
- a simple hello world script
- making scripts executable
- why we run a script with a ./ and how to remove it
- running a script to act upon the currently running shell
- variables and how to use them
- the .bashrc file
The second unit covers scripting commands, particularly control flow. Topics include:
- exit status of shell commands
- the if statement and tests
- handling command line arguments
- random numbers
- loops (while, until, and for)
- the case statement
I hope you join me for this beginner’s guide to the bash scripting language!
Who this course is for:
- Any Fresher Who Wants to Learn Basic Linux Shell Scripting in Bash Shell
- Expert who Needs to Brush up Basic Bash Shell Skills
EDUmobile Academy develops high quality video training courses around topics in mobile development including iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Java, Responsive Web Design and other emerging technologies.
Every course is created by an expert developer AND a trained mentor in the area of expertise.
Each course undergoes a rigorous planning, review and an internal quality check phase - to ensure that the teaching is of highest standards available online.
EDUmobile Academy was founded in 2008 when smart phones were just emerging into the market. Founder Vishal Lamba is experienced in multiple areas of digital design, mobile development and design, web technologies and digital marketing. He has a mathematics and computer science degree from Lawrence University, USA.
Vishal works closely with content creators and teachers to ensure that every course released meets the internal rigorous quality standards.
All course creators and trainers are currently based in the USA. Support for each course on Udemy is provided with quick turn around by a small team of developers and trainers.