Learn Bash Quickly: A Hands-on approach to Linux Automation
What you'll learn
- Automate boring Linux tasks with Bash Scripts
- Looping in Bash
- Decision Making in Bash
- Working with Bash Variables, Arguments, and Loops
- Creating Bash Functions
- Using Arithmetic Operations in Bash Scripts
- Manipulating Strings with Bash
- Using Arrays in Bash
- Linux Command Line Basics
Bash Scripting comes up in almost every single DevOps Interview questions ... Be Prepared!
This course also include my 3 bestseller books (in eBook version):
Learn Bash Quickly
Learn Linux Quickly
Learn Ansible Quickly (RHCE)
Master Bash Scripting and learn how to automate boring administrative Linux tasks.
Create and run efficient Bash scripts
Implement Bash functions
Automate complex and repetitive tasks
Learn Bash Quickly is a fully practical hands-on course for learning bash scripting. It will get you up and running with bash scripting in no time.
First, you will break the ice with Bash scripting by creating and running a very simple "Hello World" program. Then, you will dive into the world of Bash variables, arguments, string, and arrays. Also, you will learn how to use conditional statements in your bash script. Moreover, you will explore various Bash looping constructs and get to realize how powerful they are. In addition, you will get to write Bash functions, so your code looks clean and unrepetitive. Finally, you will see how you can use bash to automate some of the tedious tasks on Linux.
By the end of this course, you will have all the skills necessarily to develop state of the art bash scripts that can automate any repetitive task you may encounter while working on Linux systems.
What you will learn
Understand how to work with Bash variables, arguments, string, and arrays.
Make your Bash scripts smarter with conditional statements.
Analyze various Bash looping constructs.
Design and create recursive Bash functions.
Automate boring administrative tasks.
Who This Course Is For
If you are tired of spending countless hours doing the same tedious task on Linux over and over again then this course is for you! Learn Bash Quickly will teach you all the skills you need to automate borings tasks in Linux. You will be much more efficient working on Linux after taking this course, more importantly, you will get more sleep, I promise you!
Learn Bash Quickly does assume prior Linux knowledge and that you have experience working on the Linux command line.
Table of Contents
Bash Script Arguments
Basic Arithmetic Operations
Decision Making in Bash
Automation with Bash
Solutions to Bash Exercises
Who this course is for:
- Linux System Administrators
- Linux Intermediate Users and Power Users
- DevOps Engineers
- Anyone who uses Linux at work or at home.
I am a DevOps Engineer working at Boeing Canada and I have experience working with a variety of Linux/UNIX systems including Red Hat, Debian, SUSE, AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX. I also work remotely as a technical trainer and course/content developer at Robertson College.
I am also a proud member of the Linux Foundation as I was the recipient of the 2016 LiFT Academic Aces Award & 2020 LiFT Sysadmin Super Star Award by the Linux Foundation for my contribution to the Linux project.
I am 7x Azure, 5x AWS and MCT certified and I hold the following IT certifications:
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
• Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
• Azure Solutions Architect Expert
• Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA)
I am also a 3x book author:
• Learn Linux Quickly
• Learn Bash Quickly
• Learn Ansible Quickly
In my spare time; I play the guitar and dabble with Game Development (Unity) and when the weather is nice, I cruise with my skateboard!
I am a Linux/Unix System Administrator working at ISM/Kyndryl. I have hands on experience in Enterprise IT infrastructure and I have also worked various roles in the IT industry.
I have gained professional teaching experience in Canada, and I obtained my Master degree and Doctor of Philosophy Ph.D. in Computer Science from Canada.
I have published several articles in refereed journals, conferences, presentations, abstract and workshop proceedings. One of my refereed conference papers won the distinguished paper award.
I have obtained IT certifications in:
• Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert.
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
• Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate.
• Microsoft Azure Security Engineer.
• AWS Certified Security - Specialty.
• Microsoft Azure Administrator.
• Microsoft Azure Fundamentals.