Learn Apache Pulsar
What you'll learn
- Apache Pulsar theory and fundamentals
- Apache BookKeeper theory and fundamentals
- Installing and configuring Pulsar
- Installing and configuring BookKeeper
- Installing and configuring ZooKeeper
- Running a real world example of Pulsar
- There are no requirements or prerequisites for this course.
Learn the fundamentals of Apache Pulsar and understand its component parts, including Pulsar brokers and BookKeeper bookies. The course also covers basic configuration considerations and Pulsar security. The instructors lead students through downloading and installing Pulsar, and running a real world example of using Pulsar to move stock data. Whether you are using a Windows, Linux, or macOS computer, you can run the tutorial.
The course will begin with a deep-dive into the structure of Apache Pulsar, including a thorough review of all of its component parts (Pulsar brokers, BookKeeper bookies, ZooKeeper, etc.). The instructors also cover Pulsar functions, effectively once messaging, geo-replication, and security. Then students are guided through a comprehensive tutorial to install and setup Pulsar. The course ends with a real world project.
The instructors, Maria and Barry, have over a decade of combined experience with distributed messaging platforms, and together co-founded Dattell, a managed services and consulting company that offers support for Pulsar along with other technologies. They also have experience with use cases in a wide range of fields from finance to communications to SaaS, and many others.
The instructors also have over a decade of experience teaching at the university level, as well as to working professionals.
Who this course is for:
- Developers, operational projectionals, and management interested in understanding the basic tenants of Apache Pulsar and how it can be used for low latency messaging applications.
I am co-founder of Dattell, a managed service and consulting support provider for Pulsar, Kafka, and Elasticsearch. I've supported distributed messaging for a wide range of use cases, including SaaS, entertainment, communications, energy, medtech, AI, and many others. I have a decade of experience teaching at the university level as well as for working professionals.