Learn and Understand AngularJS
What you'll learn
- Write quicker, better AngularJS code by discovering how AngularJS itself is built.
- Become fluent in AngularJS terminology, such as dependency injection, services, directives, transclusion, and more.
- Realize the power of dependency injection, and how AngularJS accomplishes it.
- Design custom directives and save time and energy with easily reusable components.
- Understand what a Single Page Application (SPA) is, and how they work.
- Build a Single Page Application (SPA) in AngularJS.
- Be the coder that explains AngularJS to everyone else, because you understand it better than anyone else.
- Get new free lectures during 2015, keep up with the development of AngularJS 2.0, and get a MASSIVE discount on a future AngularJS 2.0 course in 2016!
- A browser and a text editor
Includes information on the next version - AngularJS 2.0!
Knowing AngularJS can get you a job or improve the one you have. It's a skill that will put you more in demand in the modern web development industry, and make your web software life easier, that's why it's so popular and backed by Google.
This course will get you up and running quickly, and teach you the core knowledge you need to deeply understand and build AngularJS applications - and we'll build a single page application along the way.
We'll design custom services, build custom directives, understand two-way binding, design a weather forecast app as a single page application, and lots more. Both starter and finished source code is provided as we go.
"Best course I have ever seen" "Best intro to AngularJS on Udemy" "A fresh way of teaching AngularJS" "One of the best courses on Udemy that i took if not the best" "Best teacher I have had on the internet by far" "I...have taken lots of angular courses and I think this is the best one so far" "The best teaching style I've seen so far"
If you are new to AngularJS, or if you've been working to learn it but sometimes feel like you still don't quite 'get it', this is the AngularJS course for you! To learn AngularJS you have to understand it.
I've built the course that I would have wanted to take when I was learning AngularJS. A course that explains the concepts and how they're implemented in the best order for you to learn and deeply understand them.
In this course you will:
- Learn how AngularJS works, covering subjects like directives, dependency injection, two way data binding, the digest loop, watchers, and more.
- Code custom services.
- Design custom directives, understanding concepts like compile, link, and scope.
- Build a single page application using AngularJS.
- Keep up with the latest on the next version of AngularJS 2.0!
AngularJS doesn't have to be hard to learn. The biggest mistake most coding tutorials make is expecting someone to learn simply by imitating others' code. Real world situations are never exactly like the tutorial.
I believe the best way to learn is to understand how a tool works and what it does for you, look at examples, and then try it yourself. That's how this course is built, with the goal to help you both learn and understand AngularJS.
Note: In this course you'll also get downloadable source code. You will often be provided with 'starter' code, giving you the base for you to start writing your code, and 'finished' code to compare your code to.
Who this course is for:
- Web developers and designers looking to learn AngularJS
- Those who have researched AngularJS but still find it hard to understand
- Developers and designers who have used jQuery but are tired of doing everything manually
Newly married in Cleveland Ohio, Tony is primarily focused these days on trying to be a good husband. While inexperienced at that, he's quite experienced in all things web.
Tony has been programming since he was 12 years old, and got into web sites and web application development at 16. After graduating with a Computer Science degree from Case Western Reserve University, Tony continued with that interest as a Microsoft certified software application developer and architect, database designer, and user interface designer.
He believes strongly that deeply understanding any topic allows you to properly learn it and, even more importantly in a real-world environment, quickly overcome problems.
He also has a deep interest in human nature and behavior, and how that impacts human-computer interaction. This interest translated into extending his career into user experience design and usability research.
Another link in the chain is his 25 years of experience in public speaking and teaching, both in front of large groups and as a one-on-one private instructor.
Putting all these pieces together, he has spent his career listening to a client need, designing a database and software to meet that need, building it, testing it, teaching others how to use it, then improving user experience by watching people actually use it and adjusting accordingly.
Tony loves teaching every aspect of what he does, and even more loves teaching in a way that imparts understanding, as opposed to just examples intended to be parroted. He loves that moment when a student 'gets it', and that's what he wants for you when you take one of his courses.
He has found that those that learn purely by example, and not by understanding, end up much more limited than they need to be.
"Examples need to be built on top of context, and once you have context, you can not only copy the examples you find, but adjust and improve upon them."
He firmly believes that everyone has the ability to develop software, if they are just taught properly. Including you.
"It is my pleasure and privilege to teach you. I hope you'll come away knowing something you didn't before, understanding at a level deeper than before, and feeling positive that you can accomplish what you've set out to accomplish. Thank you!" - Tony Alicea
Ask Tony a question, read a post, or follow him around internet.