Learn Android Wear Programming
- Basic to average knowledge of Android programming / Java programming is required to join this course on Android Wear Programming.
The series contains 6+ hours of video tutorials with maximum focus on programming. The series do focus on some theoretical concepts to make the base for you to learn wear programming.
The series starts your learning journey with the basics like what is android wear, design principles, android SDK installation, using android studio etc and then moves to the interesting concepts like building notifications for android wear, adding page to a notification, voice input for notifications and notification stacking etc.
Next it takes you to world of Custom UIs, where you learn to create layouts, cards, list , 2D pickers, confirmations etc for the Android Wear.
Eventually, it takes you through the advanced concepts where you learn to send and receive messages, sync data items, transferring assets, designing android wear faces etc.
Last but not the least, you will experience a LIVE EXAMPLE, using Google Play Store, on how to package and distribute your Android Wear App.
The prerequisite for this course is to have basic to average knowledge of Java/J2EE. Knowledge of Android programming is good to have.
- Software Developer / Programmers having basic to average knowledge of Android Programming / Java Programming should join this course
- Fundamentals of Application Development
- Introduction to Android Wear
- Installing Android Studio and Android SDK
- Using Android Studio
- UI Patterns for Android Wear
- Design Principles for Android Wear
- How to run Android Wear Programs using Eclipse
- Quiz on Basics of Android Wear Programming
- Pair Handheld with Android Wear Emulator
- Creating a Notification for Android Wear
- Pending Intent in Android Wear
- Add Page to a Notification on Android Wear
- Quiz on Wearable Notifications - Part I
- Receiving Voice Input for a Notification
- Perform Action on Voice Input
- Stacking Notifications on Android Wear
- Summary Notifications
- Miscellaneous - Notifications Summary
- Quiz on Wearable Notifications - Part II
- Defining Layouts
- Creating Cards - Using Card Fragment Class
- Creating Cards using Layout
- Creating Lists for Android Wear
- An introduction to 2D picker pattern and GridViewPager
- 2D Pickers - Creating Rows and Columns
- 2D Pickers - Loading background image for each row
- 2D Pickers - Image Transition, Custom Views, Column background image
- Showing Confirmations
- Sending Message to Wearable
- Receiving Message by Wearable
- Syncing Data Items - Sending Data Item to Wearable
- Syncing Data Items - Receiving Data Item by Wearable
- Transferring Assets to Wearable
- Loading Bitmap from Asset on Wearable
- Handling Data Layer Events
- Building Watch Face Service
- Drawing Watch Faces - Implementation of Handler object and onCreate method
- Drawing Watch Faces - Implementation of onDraw method
- Run Time on Watch Face - Intro to Ambient mode and Interruption Filters
- Low-Bit Ambient and Burn-in Protection Techniques
- Working with Time Zone
- How to Run Watch Face on Android Wear Device and Emulator
- How to Create Watch Faces Quickly
- How to detect location data on Android Wear devices.
- How to Run a Sample Application
- Packaging Android Wear Applications
Team-SchoolSteps has got extensive experience in IT and has been working on professional Web, Java/J2EE, mobility, IoT based projects. One of the main goals of team is to do R&D in cutting edge technologies and to impart training to the professionals. All team members in the group have got extensive experience in IT. As of now, the entire group is focused on IoT, machine learning, mobile technologies, Wear Technologies and Big Data etc. Team has been doing extensive research in IoT, Wear technologies, mobile platform, machine learning etc.