Learn Android Application Development
- No prior knowledge required. Some programming background would be beneficial.
- PC or Mac that can run Android Studio and the Android Virtual Device.
Android accounts for approximately 85% of all devices sold today (2017 Q1). It only makes sense for you to be developing applications for the Android platform.
I will take you through the basics of Android Application development, and introduce some more complex features as well. This includes the following:
An extensive look at the Java programming language
Introduction to Android, installing Android Studio.
Create your first Android Application, learn to debug the application and learn how to create a signed APK that you can submit to the play store.
Working with implicit and explicit intents
Detailed example of how to work with Fragments
Learn some customizations like a custom ListView, Toast, TextView and ActionBar
Learn how to save data to the phone in the form of SharedPreferences, Files and SQLite
Learn how to implement Android 6 Permissions
Read data from a RSS feed and sending SMSes programmatically
Learn how to save data online and do user management with Backendless (MBAAS)
By completing this course, you will have more than just basic knowledge of Android Application Development.
Join this course now!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Android students that want to learn how to program for the Android Mobile platform
- 02:39Getting Ready
- 09:50Packages, classes and running your first program
- 21:04Variables, Literals and Constants
- 09:48Reading input from the user- The Scanner class
- 09:59Getting Input from the user using the JOptionPane class
- 06:26Comments in Java
- 10:13Introduction to Decision Structures - Operators and Expressions
- 20:38If, if-else, if-else-if, nested if and logical operators
- 04:43Check for values inside or outside a range
- 13:32Comparing Strings
- 14:57The Switch-Statement
- 13:49Introduction to Loops
- 13:08Useful Loop Calculations - Input Validation and a User Controlled Loop
- 18:50Useful Loop Calculations Part 2
- 19:32Working with Files
- 12:30Introduction to Arrays
- 09:53Comparing Arrays
- 06:45Copying Arrays
- 09:24Highest and Lowest values / Sum and Average
- 13:25Arrays with Files and String arrays
- 08:28The ArrayList class
- 25:3723. Classes And Objects
- 29:0224. More Classes And Objects
I have been in the teaching profession now for 16 years teaching Mathematics, Java application development and Android application development.
I love to teach people new skills and will go the extra mile for people willing to work hard to pass my courses.
I studied Information Technology and obtained my BSc degree in Information Technology in 2001 and my BSc Honors degree in Information Technology in 2002. I started my teaching career in 2003 and in 2007 obtained my Post Graduate Certificate in Education. In January 2016 I obtained my Masters Degree in Education.
I am currently keeping myself busy creating Android applications and improving current systems at companies while also teaching Android application development and Java application development.