Learn and Understand Deno (Future NodeJs) - Beginner Guide
- A computer on which you can install software (Windows, MacOS, or Linux)
- Basic understanding API's and Backend Services
Welcome to "Deno course".
Deno is a new project created by Ryan Dahl (the inventor of Node.js) that aims to fix Node.js design mistakes.
Deno’s top features:
TypeScript support out of the box
In this course we will be building an backend application using Deno.js, Oak and MongoDB along with Typescript.
We will start with a blank text editor and end with a great application.
This course includes:
Learn main features of Deno
Write web servers using Deno frameworks
Building backend API with Deno.js & Oak
It is a practical hands on course for building a server app using awesome Deno framework.
I hope you will enjoy our journey with Deno framework!
I tried to make the course with Clear and Easy English Talking so all students can understand it well.
- Anyone looking to launch their own Deno applications
- Changing career title from frontend developer to fullstack developer without big effort
- Switch careers, or freelance as a Deno developer
- What is Deno?01:22
- Why to use Deno?01:52
- Deno Architecture00:51
- Why Deno is different from Nodejs02:12
- Installing Deno02:06
- Editor & Extensions01:56
- Your First Deno Program02:30
- Deno Modules - Standard & Third Party Libraries04:42
- HTTP Module and creating a Web Server02:51
- File System Module08:13
- Using Node.js modules in Deno04:20
- Quiz7 questions
- What are RESTful Services?02:45
- RESTful Services using oak02:01
- Creating WebServer with oak03:49
- Calling Endpoints Using Postman01:12
- Handling HTTP GET Requests04:01
- Handling HTTP POST Requests04:10
- Handling HTTP PUT Requests04:20
- Handling HTTP DELETE Requests01:27
- Code Refactoring06:17
- Quiz6 questions
- Installing MondgoDB01:30
- Connecting to MongoDB using Deno02:28
- Creating Database and collection on MongoDB01:20
- Insert Data Into Database Using API03:52
- Get Data from Database Using API03:32
- Update Data in Database Using API03:44
- Delete Data from Database Using API02:29
- Recap & Project files00:56
- Quiz7 questions
- Add Debugging Configuration02:13
- What Are Websockets?02:41
- Chat Application Overview01:06
- Create Websocket Server03:14
- Send & Receive Messages10:21
- Important Information00:20
I'm Fadi, Full-stack web developer and living in the heart city of Europe, Prague !
I'm a full-stack web developer and designer with a passion for building beautiful things from scratch. I've been building websites and apps since 2008 and also have a Master's degree in Software Engineering from Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
It was in college where I first discovered my passion for teaching and helping others by sharing all I knew. And that passion brought me to be a teacher in my university and also in private big institutes,
I love working with machines , I like PLC's and HMI's , I am always trying to deliver application which they are building the communication between the Human and the Machine
My 10+ years of experience after graduation have boiled my professional values down to the following:
:: Talent is overestimated, hard work is much more important; I strongly believe-in and practice “Hard work”.
:: Learning never stops, I’m always anxious to learn new stuff and to acquire new skills.
:: Have to be multi-language person; so I learned to speak nerdy engineer, team, coordinator, manager, trainer and presenter.
:: Acquiring skills are not as important as knowing how to deploy them in helping both business and others.
Dmytro has been programming for around 6 years and teaching for almost 2 years. He specializes in everything from HTML5, CSS to front end frameworks like Angular as well as server side technologies like Node.js, Nest.js. Dmytro can explain very complex topics in a simple manner that is very understandable. Stay tuned for new courses from Dmytro.