Learn about the Integrity of the Bible
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how the Bible came about; it's list of authoritative books, manuscript evidence, and what scholars use to create translations
- Learn the difference between the Old and New Testaments regarding culture, quality and quantity of available manuscripts, apocryphal writings
- Learn the basics of Biblical inerrancy and textual criticism (how manuscript evidence differs, and how scholars choose what to use and not use when translating
- Learn about English translations and what manuscripts scholars use for translating each into modern languages
This study addresses the Bible itself; it’s transmission through time, the languages and cultures behind it, the authoritative list of books contained in the Bible, what original bible writings are still available to us today, scientific approaches to understanding the content and translation, and why we have so many types of translations and which are helpful for different types of understanding.
- Anyone interested to know more about the formation of the Bible and how to address questions about the Bible's integrity
- Pastors, Bible students, and leades who need to teach the Bible and want to learn more about the integrity of the Bible
Introduction to the course; purpose and why we would want to study the Bible's origin and how it is used today all over the world.
Why is the Bible important? We take a look at the influence of the Bible and why we would want to know all about it.