Introduction to Power System Harmonics
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand what harmonics are.
- Know how harmonics are generated.
- Devices producing harmonics in Power System.
- Effects of Harmonics in power system.
- Understand the IEEE Standard 519-1992.
- Know how to find and where to look for harmonics current in power system.
- Know the various mitigation techniques to limit harmonics content in power system.
- Basics of Electricity.
- Enthusiasm to learn.
Harmonics create pollution in our power system just like carbon dioxide and other gases create air pollution. It has adverse effects directly or indirectly on equipment like motors, transformers, induction heaters, etc. It leads to energy loss due to poor power factor. This course is intended to create awareness regarding power system harmonics. The course is designed for industry professionals who are associated with operation and maintenance, engineering students, and even for design engineers.
Following content has been covered:
- The definition of harmonics is briefly interpreted.
- Factors that are responsible for harmonics current generation is discussed.
- Devices producing harmonics and how they produce are discussed.
- Harmonics analysis is explained with the help of Matlab where required.
- Effects of the harmonics current on various equipment used in the power system.
- Interpretation of IEEE Std. 519-1992, 2014.
- Know how to find harmonics current and where to look for them.
- Know the various mitigation techniques to limit harmonics current in power system.
Ultimately students can be able to connect the dots of understanding related to harmonics.
- Electrical System Design Engineers
- Power System Engineers
- Electrical Maintenance Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Contractors
- Engineering Consultants