Learn 3D Modeling: Blender Basics in Under 2 Hours
- Install Blender
- Basic computer knowledge
Learn the basic tools, shortcuts, and important aspects of the popular 3D modeling software, Blender, without any prior knowledge!
Take your first steps in the Blender software!
- Learn the basic interface of Blender.
- Learn how to select, grab, scale, rotate, and add objects.
- Learn the difference between Object and Edit mode.
- Learn how to render, add materials, and export your models into the Unity software.
- Create a few basic models with your knowledge.
A great way to alleviate the burden of learning a brand new piece of software.
From the perspective of a complete beginner in the Blender software, this course wil cover the basics and alleviate the burden of learning a new piece of software. Blender is actually a very intuitive piece of software once you get the basics down, and is easy to pick up on the more complicated aspects after learning the basics. Blender is a great piece of software for new 3D modelers and those wishing to be able to create assets for video games. This course will make you feel confident in using Blender as a complete beginner.
This course will cover the very basics for those that have never used the Blender software before. Students who have never used the Blender software before will feel a lot more comfortable with it by taking this course. After learning some new concepts, you will test your knowledge by creating some basic models.
At the end of this course, you should have the confidence to go and further your knowledge in the Blender software. This course was designed with complete beginners in mind, so you should be able to create very basic 3D models and feel more comfortable with modeling in the Blender software.
- This course is for students with absolutely no experience in Blender.
- This course is for students who want to learn the basics of Blender in under 2 hours.
- This course is NOT for students with experience in Blender. This course is for complete beginners with no prior experience in the Blender software.
- This course is NOT for students looking for in-depth information for the Blender software. This course covers the basics for COMPLETE beginners.
- Course Introduction01:17
- Blender's Interface06:15
- Selecting Objects01:21
- Grabbing Objects01:33
- Snapping Objects02:57
- Scaling Objects01:51
- Rotating Objects01:54
- Quiz #13 questions
- Object Mode02:02
- Edit Mode02:04
- Fill and Bridge03:32
- Loop Cut and Slide02:43
- Quiz #24 questions
- Fake Users02:24
- Vertex Groups02:21
- 3D Cursor and Origin04:26
- Join and Separate Objects01:35
- Renaming Objects01:06
- (Optional) Save + Export into Unity02:00
- Thank you!00:34
My name is Josh, I'm 22 years old, and I'm a Blender artist and 3D hobbyist. I'm currently studying Mathematics at the University of Central Florida. Ever since my freshman year of high school, I have developed a passion for 3D modeling and have been using Blender for 7 years now. My specific focus lays in Hard Surface. I also have industry certification in the AutoCad software, but have since moved on and have been primarily using Blender due to its amazing capabilities and professional workflow. In my free time, I practice a sport called Trampoline Wall, and also enjoy traveling, gaming, video editing, Mathematics, and of course teaching here on Udemy! I hope that I can spread my knowledge of the Blender software and the world of 3D, while also delivering professional-quality video content to help you master the art of 3D modeling.