- No programming experience needed;
- A computer with a text editor;
- Internet connection;
“The world we live is full of coordinates and I love it!" - Alfred Lam, the course instructor.
“The essence of creating a beautiful map is balance!" - Alfred Lam, the course instructor.
GIS stands for Geographic Information System. It is composed of hardware, software, people, environment, and data. Therefore, students with different backgrounds can learn and use GIS. One of my purposes of this course is to convey a concept to students that adding a GIS map to web for your clients is not difficult. You can spend your minimum time to handle it.
- GIS users
- Anyone who are interested to make GIS 2D and 3D maps in web applications
- Create a 2D Map App06:08
- Change Basemap02:16
- Set MapView Scale01:35
- Set MapView Extent02:18
- Retrieve MapView Extent02:33
- Retrieve MapView Scale and Spatial Reference03:22
- Add a Point03:32
- Add a Point by Tapping on Map03:16
- Display Coordinates in an Alert View02:16
- Display Coordinates in a Popup03:00
- Create a 3D Map05:01
- Set Camera02:13
- Set a Viewpoint03:24
- Animate to a Viewpoint03:18
- Add Second Layer03:43
- Create a Basemap03:51
- Add a 3D Point04:48
- Add a 3D Point by Tapping on Map03:30
- Style 3D Symbol02:36
- Display Coordinates and Elevation to AlertView02:53
- Display Coordinates and Elevation to Popup03:11
“The world we live is full of coordinates and I love it!" - Alfred Lam
“The essence of creating a beautiful map is balance!" - Alfred Lam
I am going to dedicate some of my time to be a GIS instrcutor here and teaching is fun. It is also great to let many mobile and web developers to know and use ESRI technology which is so far the best and the most comprehensive GIS system. The part I am giving lectures is even only a very small fraction of the whole ArcGIS system.Please find all my courses and special offers at my profile website.
Coding is boundless. Like many other teachers, I’d like to share my knowledge and experiences here. As students are from all levels, I try not to make the code complicated. Maybe sometimes my pace is a bit slower, but I tried to make the code effective in a straightforward and simplest way. So that students can understand the mechanism of the code easily.