Learn 2D Character Animation for Games in Spine Essential
What you'll learn
- Build character rigs for animation
- Animate in Spine 2D Essential
- Get comfortable with Spine Essential UI, and work like a Pro with useful hotkeys
- Create essential 2D game animations: idle, walk cycle, jump and more
- Enhance your animations to a professional level with Graphs and Offsets
- Useful work practices to save time & increase animation process efficiency
- Overcome common issues
- Spine Essential Licence (purchased from Esoteric Software)
- Keyboard and mouse
- No prior knowledge required
Making awesome, professional-level 2D animations for games is a passion that we would like to share with you in this easy and very detailed Spine Essential animation course!
You will get familiar with all of the steps: from character rigging (using Photoshop or any other graphic redactor you use), to setting up your game’s character for animation in Spine, finishing with a polished top-shelf 2D animations set ready for use.
Why choose Spine for your game character animations?
Spine 2D Animation Software has gained an immense following both from game developers and 2D digital animators. In fact, it is one of the leading tools for 2D skeletal animation to date. The reasons are quite straightforward:
- Spine is easy to learn, and intuitive in use.
- The software is fit both for beginners and advanced animators.
- Spine game animations are easily integrated with most game engines.
- Excellent integration with illustration tools for artwork import.
Plus, in this course we will show you how to get the max out of your Spine Essential licence. So, if you want to learn how to create exceptional animations, hop on!
What will you get from this course?
This is a Spine Essential 2D animation course, and we will explore all of the aspects of that software with a gentle nod to integration of your animations into your game.
- Explore the planning, rigging and preparation of your character to animation.
- Detailed explanation on Spine game rigging process.
- Proper use of Spine 2D Essential functions for animation.
- Create smooth 2D animations, and enhance them to perfection.
- A lot of useful work practices, some fixing of common issues, and more practical principles to make your animation process easier.
But that’s not all too. We plan to expand on the information here in the future. And it’s great for you, because once you buy this course you will enjoy all of the updated content free of charge!
Why choose this course to learn 2D animation?
If you were ever wondering how to learn 2D animation in the most efficient way, the answer is simple: with a lot of trial and error. This can sometimes be discouraging; especially for beginners.
This course is designed in a “from basic to advanced” manner, easing your way into Spine 2D animation software, as well as the animation process in general.
And on top of that we offer you:
- Personal guidance and answer to any questions (within reasonable response time of up to 1-2 work days, depending on the day of the week).
- Additional materials on the use of Spine Essential.
- Quizzes at the end of each course section to fortify your knowledge.
- Lifetime access to course materials (including any future updates in the course).
And of course, we love games and our main drive is to share knowledge with those interested in 2D animation for games. So, feel free to take advantage of that as well.
Sing up to this course, and let’s start animating us some 2D game characters!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate level 2D digital animators
- Game developers looking to create professional 2D character animations
- Anyone passionate about 2D animation for games
Think Citric is an independent game development studio. Our recent work in Spine 2D animation has led to a successful YouTube channel where we post tutorials on the tool alongside with our game development videos. More and more users turning to us with questions had led to the idea of sharing our knowledge on Udemy. We are passionate about game development, and support anyone interested in getting into this field.