Learn 2 Stand Up Paddle Board & Critical Water Safety Skills
What you'll learn
- Learn about the equipment you will be using
- Water Safety Requirements in Ontario
- Weather Risk Assessment & Safety Tips
- How to properly SIZE your paddle
- Basic SUP Paddle Strokes
- How to Stand up and Balance
- Moving around on your SUP
- Falling & Recovery
- Knowledge to purchase a quality SUP
- Differences between Paddle Board styles
- No previous experience of any kind needed. You don't even need a board!
- A nice open space to practice skills we will go over
- SUP paddle or broomstick to practice paddle strokes with me.
Join me as we go through everything you need to know about the worlds hottest new sport!
Stand up Paddle Boarding is adaptable and fun for just about everyone! It's the perfect exercise because it burns up to 700 calories/ hour, works ALL your muscle groups but is PURE FUN! I
t's a sport that you can grow with and keep doing long into your active senior years. I have taught hundreds of people ages 10 to 70+in my in person classes and each person has loved it for their own reasons. With the proper training, even those with physical challenges can adapt and thrive on the water. Many a kayaker have added to their paddling years by switching to the SUP side lol
It can be exhilarating, peaceful or playful. .
Choose your adventure by standing, sitting, kneeling or laying down for blissful meditation. Waves, rivers, lakes, ponds or oceans are your playground.
You don't need any previous skills or equipment before taking this course and we will review everything you need for a safe and awesome experience on the water. Join me as we discuss water safety, weather forecasting, board construction and quality indicators for those looking to purchase.
Dig into practical skills as we learn how to get up on your SUP, balance and absorb the energy of the water underneath you. From there we will cover moving around, falling off and recovery skills. Everything you need to be prepared for your adventures on the lake!
All skills we learn and practice are easily transferred to the water once you're ready and will help you impress your friends even the very first time on a SUP! Join the class and discover your new favorite thing with me.
Already fallen in love and want to purchase your own? I include construction overviews, hints and tips for buying.
Who this course is for:
- People new to Stand up Paddle boarding
- People looking to purchase a SUP and need quality buying tips
- Paddlers looking to learn proper paddle strokes or perfecting paddle strokes
- Safety conscious paddlers
- Weak swimmers or those afraid of falling off the board
- Older paddlers with balance issues
In love with everything Nature, outdoor & Summer, A seasoned solo world traveller, I have been working in the Recreation and Tourism sector in Canada for more than a decade. With my Staycation business I create outdoor beach or water experiences, classes and events from inspiration I find on my travels to help bring fabulous unique experiences to my community. Stand up Paddle Boarding is one of my most favourite things and I've taught hundreds of students in my classes over the years. A certified Flat Water Paddle Canada Instructor for since 2016. International travel guide and experience creator in Osa, Costa Rica since 2020.